[Albion] The Five Clarifications

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Their answers will be:
1) Not a clear and obvious error;
2) Not enough evidence to overrule the onfield decision;
3) There was clear evidence to overrule the onfield decision (Although nobody has seen it).
4) We've said sorry;
5) See 1).

Then they'll give RDZ a touchline ban.
Even if that's the case I think making a fuss will help our cause in the future. Its what the big 6 do.

Lots of talk about unconscious bias on the other thread. This might tip a bit back in our favour.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We may be angry, but this is on the OFFICIAL club site. This isn't Ronald having a go but the club. This is going to go the distance and I can see things happening over the next few days. Tony, Paul & Roberto aren't going to sit back and take it on the chin. A big big statement. Well done BHA, shame it will be taken down before the end of the day by the EPL.
This is like when the coach of the South African rugby team went on a YouTube rant after losing the first Lions test a couple of years ago. It gets in the referee’s heads and I’m all for it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The true answer is we could have 55 clarifications and nothing meaningfull would be done, whereas Arteta has 1 rant at much less and a ref is fired.
Can you imagine the fallout if that had been one of the big clubs against Spurs on Saturday? Heads would be rolling.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’d like explanations as to why certain decisions were made
And I'd like to be able to challenge those explanations:

"The MacAllister goal was ruled out because the ball hit his arm'
'Could you show me the video evidence that proves this please?'

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
In the case of someone choosing to take action, it would depend on what they want to achieve. In this case, let’s be generous and call the 3 handballs (our two disallowed goals and theirs for the non-penalty) 50:50 calls (50% chance of the decision going against you). I think the decisions are worse than that, but being generous. The Dunk penalty is pretty blatant but seen them not given. Let’s call that a 25% chance of it going against you. The Mitoma penalty is a travesty and PGMOL already admitted as much, so let’s call that a 10% chance of it going against you. That’s a 1 in 320 (or 0.3%) chance of all 5 decisions going against you. I think a maths genius (and famous gambler) may be starting to conclude the house isn’t playing fair and want to do something about that.

Worst case scenario he may conclude a million or so on legal fees is worth it to try to focus some minds and swing the dial back towards us in the remaining games. You’d assume ongoing legal action would at least make VAR officials focused on not f***** us over again.

It’s all unlikely, but I’d be amazed if it hasn’t at least been discussed.
Who would they be taking legal against? On what grounds? Can you prove 100 percent a poor VAR call has cost a game, can you prove (using Saturday ) that Spurs wouldn't have scored 2 more goals?

The PL is self governing going by the Man City case, I'm sure the response would be if you don't like it I'm sure the Championship would love to have you back.

Sorry, it's absolute rubbish.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would love to know how they explain they Lenglet handball. How is it different to when someone hits the ball with their arm in the air from a corner? Arm shouldn’t be there. It is insane.
Exactly. If it his his arm/hand, then it's a stonewall penalty.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Explanation comes before challenging an explanation surely….as you won’t know what you’re challenging…for sure no?
Well obviously. Did you somehow think I wanted to challenge the explanations before they were given? I said I wanted us to be able to challenge the explanations they give, that you want.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Who exactly are you accusing of being obsessive?

The fans? That's what fans do and you come onto Nsc to complain?

The club? The club have every right to ask why, when they've received three official apologies for mistakes made by referees and/or VAR

The chairman and Chief Exec, who are being denied millions of pounds of revenue?

The manager, who has been barred from the touchline for the antics of his staff, and could face one or two of his world cup stars leaving us in the summer?
I wouldn't even begin to attempt to quantify the potential cost of those mistakes by Atwell and the VAR ref.

A position or two in our final league placing with resultant loss of EPL prize money.
European football or no European football? Impossible to know the potential loss.
Loss of one or two most important players? Again, it's unquantifiable. But potentially huge.

The odd mistake is forgivable. But not a catastrophic sequence of at least 5 serious, result-changing howlers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well obviously. Did you somehow think I wanted to challenge the explanations before they were given? I said I wanted us to be able to challenge the explanations they give, that you want.
Hence I said mine first which u didn’t seem to understand…don’t get your nickers in a twist with me..save it for PGMOL lol
Spot the wink emoji 😉

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hence I said mine first which u didn’t seem to understand…don’t get your nickers in a twist with me..save it for PGMOL lol
Knickers all straight - I didn't understand why you were saying yours first, I thought it went without saying, and got the impression you thought I was saying otherwise. Presumably you were just pointing out the obvious (that's not meant to sound offensive) in a friendly way, rather than because you thought I thought otherwise.

:drink::shootself

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
All of those penalties are clear and obvious errors by the onfield ref, by any standards.
The handball - the ball is clearly deflected by the hand of the spurs player. There can be no other explanation For it changing trajectory.
The dunk and mitoma ones are just as obvious….
Yet, Mac handball is deemed clear and obvious, Eventhough it is clearly not clear and obvious, going by some of the footage.
Mitoma handball a bit different as we were done over by an overenthusiastic and misguided Lino.

Honestly, how can they not get one off those five right, with the benefit of technology?
Ive spoken up in support of VAR and was shouted down. I was wrong.
Even if it makes sense in theory they will never apply it well enough.
Get rid.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Can you imagine the fallout if that had been one of the big clubs against Spurs on Saturday? Heads would be rolling.

Going by the list previously supplied, whilst seeing the flaws in it, City/Spurs have had the 2nd and third worst VAR luck this season, I can't recall heads rolling after any of those games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here