Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The first single you ever brought - post here and be SHAMED

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Was the lovely Stacia on stage that night?

Sadly I think she had left them the previous year, we had robots wandering around the stage and Mad Bob Calvert toting a sub-machine gun and shredding a Star Spangled Banner with a sword while doing Hassan I Sahba, just the normal Hawkwind stuff..... :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's all Over Now by the Rolling Stones with birthday money on my 11th birthday when it came out in 1964.... and I am not ashamed of it.

My brother bought me the first Rolling Stones LP for Christmas that year - a gateway through in to people like Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley and a lifelong appreciation of Rhythm and Blues, before the term got hi-jacked by second rate singers much more recently, and back in to Chicago and other earlier Blues.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
[yt]aCca5mPMp9A[/yt]

followed by

[yt]khj9jyNvhpQ[/yt]

looks to have around '82..

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Abba - 'Angel Eyes / Voulez-vous' (Might have been a double A-side).

Think that was earlier than Bad Manners 'Lip up Fatty'.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Oh God - I knew this would come up sooner or later. :blush:

Look, I was only 9 and I had no idea what the song was really about - I bought it with my hard earned pennies of pocket money in complete innocence.

I went to Woolies and proudly bought ....

My Dingaling by Chuck Berry.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

To be fair my first gig was pretty cool though!

It's all Over Now by the Rolling Stones with birthday money on my 11th birthday when it came out in 1964.... and I am not ashamed of it.

My brother bought me the first Rolling Stones LP for Christmas that year - a gateway through in to people like Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley and a lifelong appreciation of Rhythm and Blues, before the term got hi-jacked by second rate singers much more recently, and back in to Chicago and other earlier Blues.

The Stones and bands like The Yardbirds brought blues across from the country that was shunning it in favour of Motown. The blue-eyed beat bands around them bordered on 'garage rock', but it was the way that our rock music was formed. Them, Downliners Sect, Manfred Mann, Grahame Bond Organ-ization, Mayall, Artwoods..... and the list goes on. A couple of years later and there was Fleetwood Mac and Cream and Chicken Shack, John Dummer, Aynsley Dunbar, and Taste, and then the styles branched out through Jethro Tull and Pink Floyd and many more.

The Stones requested when they went on the Ed Sullivan show in the US, that Howlin' Wolf got a slot on his show too, which was their way of paying their dues to the original. Here's a clip from a British show;

[yt]ILFjY2mbarg[/yt]

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Taylor Dayne - Tell it to my Heart

The first single I owned was "Little White Bull " by Tommy Steele but I cannot remember whether I bought it from my pocket money or my parents treated me ( I use the word "treated" in the broadest sense taking into account the song itself).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here