Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fire in Derby - parents arrested (merged)

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Funny, no idea why but i had a gut feeling they might have had something to do with it when i saw the news conference

Its called intuition...Why would 6 children die in a fire when both parents are out of the house? Oh and there body language stank of defence while attempting to deflect.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If a couple are prepared to do arson on their own house to gain larger accommodation they must really have a need for it, and probably deserve it, given the effort they've made and the initiative they've shown :drunk:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I was struggling to work out what stranger or possible family member would do such a thing with 6 kids inside,it will become clearer but a plan gone wrong to get something is very possible.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Its called intuition...Why would 6 children die in a fire when both parents are out of the house? Oh and there body language stank of defence while attempting to deflect.

The bloke was in the papers a few years back trying to get a bigger council house i keep hearing. Sounds like an insurance attempt gone wrong, either way............setting fire to your house with your kids inside! :censored:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Blokes got tones of kids most are in care already, not sure whats gone on, why do an insurance scam with ya 6 kids inside ffs.

His press conference a few weeks after has really f***ed me off, actually felt sorry for him, and people where branding him a hero for trying to get his kids out

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Social services are partly to blame, the children had a shit life from day one so why weren't a number if not all of these kids taken into care, and fostered or adopted out to people who know how to bring up children properly?

What a ridiculous thing to say without knowing the facts. Do you know just how long a process and what needs to happen to take kids away from their parents? You need to show all sorts of proof of neglect or abuse, often very hard to prove. Fed up of social services getting such a bad rap all the time (and no I don't work for them). They do a thankless job.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What a ridiculous thing to say without knowing the facts. Do you know just how long a process and what needs to happen to take kids away from their parents? You need to show all sorts of proof of neglect or abuse, often very hard to prove. Fed up of social services getting such a bad rap all the time (and no I don't work for them). They do a thankless job.

NZ I said partly to blame, in the main they do do a thankless job well, but you dont need to be Dick Tracey to work out this is a pair of scumbags who in turn will spawn a scumbag family that will sponge off the state. Had they been moved out to new families they would still be alive today.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have to say that yesterday the Derby Police advised this was part of a long investigation and now they are charged, very strange but also more importantly a tragic event

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here