Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fire in Derby - parents arrested (merged)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They obviously have some evidence on them, but I still find it difficult to believe a father of 17 kids could one day rationally decide to burn six of them alive in a house fire.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As with twitter, now with NSC. Arrested does not mean charged and charged does not mean guilty. Best to keep opinions either way off the internet till after a verdict by a jury. We all want them to get a fair trial right?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
They obviously have some evidence on them, but I still find it difficult to believe a father of 17 kids could one day rationally decide to burn six of them alive in a house fire.
I doubt very much that he did surely ? Sounds like a scam to get a new house that went very badly wrong to me , while the bloke is an utter freeloading toerag, he doesnt deserve to go through what he is no doubt going through , IF it was an accident.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Maybe the children decided to support Man U? Or vote Lib-Dem?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I doubt very much that he did surely ? Sounds like a scam to get a new house that went very badly wrong to me , while the bloke is an utter freeloading toerag, he doesnt deserve to go through what he is no doubt going through , IF it was an accident.
That's kind of what I was assuming, but he's up for a murder charge now, not manslaughter...

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

How do you accidently get large amounts of petrol into a house and then accidently set fire to it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How do you accidently get large amounts of petrol into a house and then accidently set fire to it?

The clue is in the use of the word scam.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

I am sorry bushy, but I disagree with you. Scam or not, you would not set fire to your house with the kids inside. IF he did it, he deserves all that's coming to him. I would not be at all surprised if he hangs himself within a year of being sent down, if he is guilty.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am sorry bushy, but I disagree with you. Scam or not, you would not set fire to your house with the kids inside. IF he did it, he deserves all that's coming to him. I would not be at all surprised if he hangs himself within a year of being sent down, if he is guilty.
Fair enough mate, I'm certainly not losing sleep over his predicament, I'm probably looking at it from a "normal" persons point of view, who cant comprehend doing something like that.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

'Normal' people certainly wouldn't attempt a 'scam' like this with their children inside the house.

Given Mr. Philpotts history to date.......would anyone consider him 'normal' though.....?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here