The films of Steven Spielberg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
you have to wonder what Jaws would be like if it had been filmed now. I think it would have lost some of it's innocent fear and the self loathing at being scared by a giant rubber fish.

We would have had cgi sharks, people being decapitated and spewing blood rather than dribbling as they did with blood capsules. I doubt it would have been a big hit

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How has US avoided this thread until now?!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How has US avoided this thread until now?!

Talk about self-restraint.

Head: Just leave it, it can only go wrong.

Heart: How DARE they say that about Raiders/AI/Schindlers etc

(leaving the ban aside...)

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
A great maker of films, rather than a maker of great films, I think. Primarily an entertainer, but one of the highest order. I find his films never less than enjoyable, but a bit like a Chinese meal, good at the time, but leave you feeling empty half an hour later.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
My favourites are: Schindlers List; Saving Private Ryan & Munich. Brilliant filmaking, imho.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is that the one with Samuel L. Jackson in?

Yep. I was in my first year of Uni when I saw that. I already knew how to plan a land-lab based experiment to achieve the results they were looking for when they genetically modified giant super smart sharks. And the scientists in that mo0vie were supposed to be the smartest in their fields. Always made me laugh.

Still, really fun film.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
a bit like a Chinese meal, good at the time, but leave you feeling empty half an hour later.

You clearly don't order enough. I feel like I'm going to burst half an hour after a Chinese.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here