Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Falmer Roadshow

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If the club bar isn't restricted too much to opening hours during the week there are still ways to bring in the punters , quiz nights , darts , pool , snooker. It might be too expensive however to show live footie games on the TV's but all the wives could sit in the corner watching the soaps whilst we talk about important things.

Precisely. It has to be operated much like any other pub would be, and in general they are.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I specifically said you've clearly never seen the trade a supporters club bar can put through and you've gone and proven you haven't. Point made.

You are trying to compare a bar in a ground in a town, against FALMER which is miles from anywhere and not wanted by the locals who will not presumably want to use the bar.

You could quote various Uni bars some make a tremendous amount of money and are very succesgful, like one I had a franchise for at what was Gipsy Hill College in Kingston and others that struggle to keep their head above water.

So to sum up much as I would like this to happen I do have some reservations but as Attila says a brewery company based in Ansty are prepared to stock maintain etc this bar. It should therefore be given consideration especially if it doesnt cost the club money.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Didn't I specifically say that Falmer is outside the town? I haven't said that Falmer's bar, if there is one, will get enough custom, but that many other supporters bars DO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didn't I specifically say that Falmer is outside the town? I haven't said that Falmer's bar, if there is one, will get enough custom, but that many other supporters bars DO.

Eventually you did, but my point was made specifically about Falmer and the viability of Falmer, and your inference was that because supporters bars in Ireland make money, Falmer would also without reservations, and that I was talking rubbish with no knowledge of the subject in question.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Can we please stop calling the new ground Falmer. Thank you. :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Except for the ABV, light Ale is about 3.% Taylors Landlord is 4% +, not sure of the exact abv because I drink by taste rather than the strength and I prefer that and also Fullers London Pride to some of the stronger beers like Fullers ESB.

Landlord is 4.1 ABV, I'm drinking some at this moment, London Pride is also a fine beer. People annoy me though when they just say they don't like a product, over and over again. It's as if they wont let themselves like it. Have you tried all of Harveys products?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm impressed by this Roadshow. Brilliant idea answering the questions/hopes of many.

ps I'd love to see Dark Star providing beverages also - being a local of the Duke in Shoreham (yes Arthur inspected Atillas stage setup there recently and declared it sub standard ;) ) its a greatly enjoyed ale and worthy of a tap alongside anything else. Not that I drink it - but its enjoyed regularly in this house given Roy's ability to provide take aways!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't care for golden beers, too lagery for my tastes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Landlord is 4.1 ABV, I'm drinking some at this moment, London Pride is also a fine beer. People annoy me though when they just say they don't like a product, over and over again. It's as if they wont let themselves like it. Have you tried all of Harveys products?

Where are you able to drink Landlord?

Also I have tried most Harveys Beers and sold most of them but I dislike the company and its operation more so than there beeer so will not subscribe to them. If Harveys is the obnly real ale available like in The Burrell (shit hole in HH) or The Piltdown Man ( trasonably good food ) then I will drink it but our of choice I wouldnt go out of my way to drink any of their products. Quite like the Badgers Beers sold in the Snowdrop just off the A272 to Scaynes Hill ( The food is also very good there)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
A drop of Spitfire wouldn't go a miss!:drink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A nice Tadcaster Ales pub would be the ticket

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
All in favour of the fan's bar and of Dark Star having a big say. Love Hophead!

I don't know how many Uni bars are on this 'side of the road', but the Staduim is supposed to be a venue for all sorts of events, not just on match days, so maybe there'll be meetings or small concerts, thus drawing in punters.

This will be different to the 2 musice events planned for the pitch, after all there'd be no local disruption to a concert played in a hall or function room.

I like the idea of local food too....should we ask Forfars??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here