Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fall and Fall Of Adam Virgo

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
They've CLEARLY missed Andrew Whing. I understand he is back, so that's problem solved for them now I would have thought. I'm looking forward to watching Oxford vs Port Vale on monday night live on the televisual box.

yeah he came on in the second half, galavanting down the flanks he was, set up one of the goals i think

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Virgo did us proud with that transfer and to be fair, he was one of our best players in that Championship season we stayed up on the last day. Whingy however was an 'honest pro' with limited ability. I remember he was GUTTED after Gus left him out of the Villa squad.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Virgo was out injured for a year and has struggled since he came back this season. He seemed to be made the scapegoat for Bristol Rovers poor start to the season.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Virgo will always be a hero to me. Sacrificed his role to play up front for us in tbat championship season. That season was one of our greatest performances against the odds. And Virgo was the main man.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Virgo's a cracking bloke, used to kick about as kids, i used to meg him a lot :)
Last time i spoke to him he was still at Celtic and had a broken arm but very excited about Hong if to Germany with them. still a great bloke then no doubt he's still the same.
I always thought he was a better defender than any where else just a little short on pace but never short of bottle.
I think because he was so versatile, after his success as a striker, he couldn't make one position his own, which is a pitty.
Not sure why he's struggling to get a start at such a lower league side tho shud be able to just pick one really.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Between Virgo, Reid, Hart and El Abd, you could probably put together a Withdean-era XI with only four different outfield players.....

Lush

Mods' Pet
Virgo will always be a hero to me. Sacrificed his role to play up front for us in tbat championship season. That season was one of our greatest performances against the odds. And Virgo was the main man.

This. Lovely guy. I bet he didn't want to go to Scotland particularly but I would imagine we bit MM's mate Gordon Strachan's hand off for that money.

Wouldn't be sorry to see him back here in an AITC role if it gets to that stage.

Wonderful bit in The Withdean Years where he explains how he was being wound up by Swindon just before THAT HEADER.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
This. Lovely guy. I bet he didn't want to go to Scotland particularly but I would imagine we bit MM's mate Gordon Strachan's hand off for that money.

Wouldn't be sorry to see him back here in an AITC role if it gets to that stage.

Wonderful bit in The Withdean Years where he explains how he was being wound up by Swindon just before THAT HEADER.

Agree. I loved his comments on The withdean years.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I cannot remember a thing about his second time at the Albion that is how memorable it was apart from when he said something about Salde just before he was sacked which was a bit Billy Big Bollocks

Something about "giving him the benefit of the doubt" IIRC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here