Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FACT that doesn't LIE

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Unless Bloom didn't want Slade in the first place he won't do anything for a few games yet and certainly not after 4 games.

Also its not that easy getting £100m out of a club once you have commited it - Ask Mike Ashley at Newcastle Utd!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
IF Tony Bloom is serious about us getting to the Premiership, we probably need a better Manager than Russell Slade. IF Tony Bloom only wants to carry on as we have for the last 26 or so years, then Russell Slade should be given a longer chance, he is probably good enough to stop us getting relegated this year, and maybe the playoffs in the next couple of years.

Having thought about things a lot over the last few days, I think that changing the Manager now, is the correct thing to do IF Tony Bloom really wants to repeat his Grandfather's Board's success under Mike Bamber. However, if he does not want to "go for it", then Russell Slade is probably worth giving more time.

It would probably not be fair to sack Russell Slade, but life is not always fair. With Tony Bloom's massive investment in out Club, he needs to ensure that the Club moves forward, and does not remain in Dick Knight's non-league mode.

To achieve that progress, requires a massive growth in our fan base. That probably requires a bigger name manager than Russell Slade, and certainly real sustained success on the pitch.

The real question is can we be confident that Russel Slade can deliver that type of success?

We need to remember that we are all die-hard fans, who have stuck by the Club through thick and thin, and that we are just comming out of the darkest years that the Club has ever had.

Now we are about to move into a wonderfull new stadium, which needs be filled by a new genaration of fans. This will need a massive upturn in the Clubs profile, and a big name manager would be a quicker way to achieve this - just like the appointment of Brian Clough and then former England Captain Alan Mullery by Mike Bamber in the 70's.

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
That is the REALITY of one man controlling the club and thanks to Dick Tight that is now what we have.

So now its Knights fault that Bloom is in control??!!

BIGGEST load of shite I've ever heard - you are a complete cvnt!!

Bearing in mind that it must have taken weeks of discussion/ negotiations for Blooms takeover I would guess (admittedly) that Bloom was well involved in Slades appointment!!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Now we are about to move into a wonderfull new stadium, which needs be filled by a new genaration of fans. This will need a massive upturn in the Clubs profile, and a big name manager would be a quicker way to achieve this - just like the appointment of Brian Clough and then former England Captain Alan Mullery by Mike Bamber in the 70's.

In football life years we are still years away from needing an upturn - This time last season Burnley were years away from the prem and the standard of their ground shows they hadn't seriously even contemplated getting there.

Some people think that Falmer = Premiership and it doesn't. Slade might not be the man to take us to the Prem but he still is the man of the last few months and deserves more that some of the tools on here want to give him.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Slade might not be the man to take us to the Prem but he still is the man of the last few months and deserves more that some of the tools on here want to give him.

Why? With what objective? He is a really nice guy, but I am getting old, and want to see the Albion in the top flight of English football while I can still enjoy it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
TB is giving RS just enough rope to hang himself , that way he can bring in who he wanted before he took over the club but couldn't.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
i'll see your fact, and raise you this question: if Bloom wanted Wise, why isn't he already here?

:clap2:
Has anyone answered this valid question?
Are you all saying that Bloom didn't have the balls to upset us pre season but will do it now?
Also Why are people assuming getting in Wise will automatically make us better? one losing streak later & everyone will be on his back too.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
So now its Knights fault that Bloom is in control??!!

BIGGEST load of shite I've ever heard - you are a complete cvnt!!

Bearing in mind that it must have taken weeks of discussion/ negotiations for Blooms takeover I would guess (admittedly) that Bloom was well involved in Slades appointment!!

What happened to 'No one man will ever control the club ?' . That was soon forgotten by Dick Tight when it suited him wasn't it ?

IF Tony Bloom is serious about us getting to the Premiership, we probably need a better Manager than Russell Slade. IF Tony Bloom only wants to carry on as we have for the last 26 or so years, then Russell Slade should be given a longer chance, he is probably good enough to stop us getting relegated this year, and maybe the playoffs in the next couple of years.
Anyone who heard Tony Bloom speak at the fans' forum a few weeks back will recall that his current hopes are for a reasonably good season and maybe a top six finish.

He's playing a long game. Next season is the big one. It may be that he has already reached his conclusions about Russell Slade's capabilities. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see changes happening soon.

Whether he'll get those changes right is another matter altogether. But - as Ernest says - it's his call and no-one else's.

What happened to 'No one man will ever control the club ?' . That was soon forgotten by Dick Tight when it suited him wasn't it ?

The means by which Tony Bloom was able to obtain a majority shareholding - ie converting the loans he has made to the club into shares instead of them being repayed - was approved by the Board of Directors in spring 2008. At that time, Dick Knight did not hold a majority of shares amongst the Board members or in the Club as a whole so it was not his decision and neither could he have forced this through, if that's what you're contending?
This indicated to me then that it was always a matter of "when" Tony Bloom would take over, not "if". However, whilst I have nothing against TB, I too am concerned that we again have control of the Club in the hands of one individual.

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006

Whilst I understand what you are saying perhaps you would like to explain the alternative options that would see Falmer being built?

I'm not holding my breath!

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
There aren't any alternatives which is what I said , it's Blooms way or nothing and the clause 'No one man will ever control the club' conveniently buried.

My original question referred to your saying at the beginning of this thread that, inter alia, it is DK's fault that we now have TB in charge as if it was some major failing of Knight.

As you agree above there was no alternative to Bloom taking control of the club - otherwise as everyone knows and agrees the Falmer project would have collapsed.

Therefore your comment that it is all Knights fault is absolute bollocks as simple as that!

Knight and his partners came in to save the club in its earlier hour of need and Bloom has repeated the gesture, albeit with a much larger injection of cash!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bloom lost faith with Adams early on in the season last year but was convinced by Knight to stick with him. It didn't work as we all know and the debacle in chasing Gannon was embarrassing when Mickey finally did get the chop. It's not surprising now that TB is in full control that he doesn't want a repeat of that this season. He has learnt from last season's mistakes and if he wasn't considering a possible 'Plan B' alternative to Slade I'd be worried.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
I disagree with Ernests post i two ways.

He has a game plan to get us promoted to the Championship by the time Falmer is ready. Thats 2 years, this year is about transition, so I really dont think he is looking at a manager change in the very near future.
Secondly, he is a Brighton supporter through and through so he does care what we think, and so he should because without us he has no club. For the same reason, he would never leave us in the shit and pull his money out "to buy another racehorse" any more than any one of us would.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I disagree with Ernests post i two ways.

He has a game plan to get us promoted to the Championship by the time Falmer is ready. Thats 2 years, this year is about transition, so I really dont think he is looking at a manager change in the very near future.
Secondly, he is a Brighton supporter through and through so he does care what we think, and so he should because without us he has no club. For the same reason, he would never leave us in the shit and pull his money out "to buy another racehorse" any more than any one of us would.

How do you know what Bloom thinks ? Hopefully he will realise that you can't jump straight from League 2 to the Championship because if things don't straighten out soon we will be in a relegation battle and might not be able to survive this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here