Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

Agree 100%, I would LOVE to be able to get to a session of "Question Time" and stand up and ask "My question Mr Dimbleby is - did you, your brother David or any of the so-called Current Affairs staff at the BBC or indeed the ITV have no inkling at all whatsoever that within the BBC there was a culture of turning a blind eye to child abuse among BBC employees and paid personnel?"

It will never happen though. The Dimblebys and their helpers will make sure of that.

Of course you wouldn't be able to ask that question. You've got your Dimblebys muxed ip.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
lets hope the good old Auntie starts its cull soon
I wonder if they will know where all the foodbanks are
mind you prison food is not all that bad now

EDIT Oh and arshid from rotheram hope you don't have to much trouble with your wheelchair in prison,hope its got a motor on it because if it has not ..................best of luck with that one

Unfortunately he will probably be fine as many of those of a similar ethnicity and or religion will watch his back.

For some reason I don't think a thread about Cultural/religious/ethnicity/pc links to historic and current child abuse would have been allowed to run to 170 pages on the main board! Which is a shame considering the numbers of victims runs in to the thousands.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Unfortunately he will probably be fine as many of those of a similar ethnicity and or religion will watch his back.

For some reason I don't think a thread about Cultural/religious/ethnicity/pc links to historic and current child abuse would have been allowed to run to 170 pages on the main board! Which is a shame considering the numbers of victims runs in to the thousands.
yeah well , kiddy fiddling and how you wipe your arse seem to be more manageable topics than the over running of europe by 100,000's of mostly male assylum seekers ....innit..!?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
He is alleged to have given the inquiry information about how the BBC dealt with abuse allegations that was not true.
Thanks LB, I too have been pondering what that general statement meant - I wonder whether we'll find out exactly what Blackburn did or did not do or say? I interpreted the general statement as perhaps he hadn't 'helped police with their enquiries' as helpfully as he might have , to paraphrase. Sad end to a fine career. In some ways another victim, can't help feeling the BBC would love to fast forward 20 years and everyone from that era will have passed on so naturally the spotlight will burn less brightly.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have just listened to Mike Read talking about TOTP, and how everyone on it,DJs,production staff,and the audience had a wonderful time.
Of course, he never knew anything about the abuse that went on.

When I was in the RN every now and then,young ratings would be asked if they wanted to go on the programme in the audience. A close friend of mine went, as he liked one of the bands on, and, being a bit older than most of the others,got talking to a cameraman on the show. During the conversation the subject of Savile came up,and my mate asked him what he thought of him, he replied that he wouldn't trust him alone with his little sister,and he was well known in the Beeb for being a dirty old man.
I was told this in 1982, so it appears to have been an open secret.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just a little off subject (or maybe not) went to see "spotlight " yesterday based on the true story of the catholic church in Boston an interesting watch

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just a little off subject (or maybe not) went to see "spotlight " yesterday based on the true story of the catholic church in Boston an interesting watch

and won a deserved Oscar

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I have just listened to Mike Read talking about TOTP, and how everyone on it,DJs,production staff,and the audience had a wonderful time.
Of course, he never knew anything about the abuse that went on.

When I was in the RN every now and then,young ratings would be asked if they wanted to go on the programme in the audience. A close friend of mine went, as he liked one of the bands on, and, being a bit older than most of the others,got talking to a cameraman on the show. During the conversation the subject of Savile came up,and my mate asked him what he thought of him, he replied that he wouldn't trust him alone with his little sister,and he was well known in the Beeb for being a dirty old man.
I was told this in 1982, so it appears to have been an open secret.

I met some lads from Scarborough out in Australia in 1992, they told me that Savile's holiday home there was a "no-go" area for kids. How on earth if the local population knew what he was up to, did this not filter down? Answer: Savile made sure that keeping in with Maggie and other high-ups would guarantee no "guilt by association"..

Funnily enough I heard a lot of scandal about the UK when I was staying out in OZ and NZ for a year. Makes me wonder what else we don't get told, that the rest of the world knows...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hello Kitty.....

Your numbers up fella, put away your dancing shoes, no time summer holiday this year. This is dynamite your past has caught up with you and come out of the shadows and now your accused of messing with the young ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here