Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 (low)

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Curate's egg of a season; 9 of the 12 wins came either in first 5 or in final 8 games; the 25 in between yielded just 3. And all with the same squad. .

Not quite the same squad. Lamptey, Welbeck, Webster, Caicedo, Mwepu, Dunk, Bissouma have not really been available to Potter throughout. He's only really had a pretty injury free squad (Moder aside) these last couple of months.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
9, because I never give 10's

I gave a 9 for exactly that reason.

After the last few games, though, and particularly on the last game of the season, it couldn’t be much higher.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gosh, you're a hard man to please.

Actually, I'm really not. I'm just not prone to wild swings of emotion.

I may have said 7 today (and its really 8 bar the thought of losing Bissouma) while the 10s are being chucked about, but I guarantee you I'd have said 5 or 6 in March when the giddy 10-merchants were at 2 or 3 :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
1... as usual the days after the season ends, chilling on a psychological beach and resting my soul and nerves ahead of first a somewhat frightening silly season and then 38+ nervous, tense match days. Just enjoying the nothingness for a few days... by the weekend I will be missing watching the boys.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Without changing a single result just a reworking of the fixture list, there's definitely a potential season where everybody posting would have been 7, 8 or 9, depending on their half full/empty outlook on life.

Sure a few results would need to be 'hidden' and perhaps the North London double would need to be broken up to accommodate it.
But starting with a win and ending 9th above palace, gotta wonder quite how so many toy got thrown out of our prams during the bit in between.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
9 . Would have been 10 if we had overtaken Leicester (which was due to our injury time slip up at Leeds).

9 is exceptional for a glass half empty supporter like me :albion2:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
9 from me. Only issue was the poor home form. Hopefully after the last 2 results a remedy has been found for next season

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Has to be 10. This season has been epic and having supported BHA for well over 30 years, this was beyond my wildest dreams. The last 9 games we’ve been immense (W5, D3, L1 and that was away at Man City) and the level of football played was the best I’ve ever seen!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nine.

Highest ever finish and above that load up the road
Some fantastic performances and memories (even if mostly away until recently)
One or two players we might lose at some point but for eyewatering transfer fees if so
Production line of academy and loanees looking extremely strong
Squad togetherness looks better than ever
One of the best coaches in English football supported by the best Chairman

Home form generally and a teeny bit of ‘could have been even better if…….’ means a point deducted but overall what a fantastic season. Confidence about next season is high :D

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
8. But that's mainly because i always get quite tired of football towards the business end of the season, the games come thick and fast and it's intense. And we still have the capability to go on a silly bad run of form or home form do i don't quite trust them.

But. Wow. The last 6 weeks or whatever since Arsenal. Absolutely incredible.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
In terms of mojo it has to be pretty high, considering some of our recent results, arguably our best ever win against a top six team (United) and also beating Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham and Wolves. It’s a nine from me.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What if we get into Europe next season? Top 4? What if something freakish happens and we win the title or a cup? Where do all you 10/10 go? Same rating for finishing 9th as winning the league? Nah, not for me, Clive. Need some room for further achievement, or else what's the point in the scale? That's why I went with 7.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
1... as usual the days after the season ends, chilling on a psychological beach and resting my soul and nerves ahead of first a somewhat frightening silly season and then 38+ nervous, tense match days. Just enjoying the nothingness for a few days... by the weekend I will be missing watching the boys.

:facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What if we get into Europe next season? Top 4? What if something freakish happens and we win the title or a cup? Where do all you 10/10 go? Same rating for finishing 9th as winning the league? Nah, not for me, Clive. Need some room for further achievement, or else what's the point in the scale? That's why I went with 7.

If players can give 110% we can go up to 12 out of 10 surely?

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Highest league position ever.
Best team, owner and management ever.
Fantastic football.
Competing with and beating top sides.
And much, much more.

My main concerns are that we have an incredibly lofty perch to keep up with and whether we can keep Potter. Anyway, that's for the future.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’ve got to allow some room for a better mojo it’s only a 9 based on this:

10: Europe & major trophy
9.5: Europe
9: Best ever finish/promotion to EPL for the first time.
8.5: Finishing above Palace.
8: Top ten

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
9 from me, only for the reason that I think this squad can do better ???

So, for me, the transfer window can f*** right off, and I'd like to see the same squad with a couple of youngsters that are already owned by us coming through next season to get the 10 :albion2:

And if we have to have a 'transfer window' can we have a couple for 2023-2024 and a couple for 2024-2025 please Tone :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here