• 1 (low)

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Finishing 9th in the Prem, playing scintilating football.

Seven?

You can't have everything.

This is the best season in the club's history, undoubtedly.

Ten out of ten for me.

The question was "where is your Albion mojo, right now?" not "give your marks out of 10 for the PL campaign".

The last three weeks have been incredible. No doubt about it. Its been a great season, and I've loved the football we've played.

However, I've not travelled away at all yet, post-pandemic, so having missed the Brentford game due to the piss-take Boxing Day kick off, I personally saw no Albion win live, between Leicester in September, and United in MAY. That's EIGHT months (in a ten month season) without the joy of celebrating a win.

That is something that could have been, and should have been, better still. So, no - not a ten by any means.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The question was "where is your Albion mojo, right now?" not "give your marks out of 10 for the PL campaign".

The last three weeks have been incredible. No doubt about it. Its been a great season, and I've loved the football we've played.

However, I've not travelled away at all yet, post-pandemic, so having missed the Brentford game due to the piss-take Boxing Day kick off, I personally saw no Albion win live, between Leicester in September, and United in MAY. That's EIGHT months (in a ten month season) without the joy of celebrating a win.

That is something that could have been, and should have been, better still. So, no - not a ten by any means.

So disappointed with 9th then and two stellar last two home games. Some people :rolleyes:

Not travelling away is a piss poor excuse btw! (Nor did I :smile:)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Right now a 9. It's always to end a season on not just a good run of form but on some excellent performances. We've looked a really, really good side these last 8 games which fills me full of hope for next season. Yes, we might lose one or two big players over the summer, a couple more might get injured, any new players might turn out to be duds but that's all something for the future and currently only hypothetical. The fun of being a football fan is the unbridled sense of joy in good performances and big wins and the giddy sense of excitement and expectation that comes with a season well done and a new one to come.

Plus how can it not be high when we're watching the best ever Brighton team with a squad of likeable and very talented players?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Right now a 9. It's always to end a season on not just a good run of form but on some excellent performances. We've looked a really, really good side these last 8 games which fills me full of hope for next season. Yes, we might lose one or two big players over the summer, a couple more might get injured, any new players might turn out to be duds but that's all something for the future and currently only hypothetical. The fun of being a football fan is the unbridled sense of joy in good performances and big wins and the giddy sense of excitement and expectation that comes with a season well done and a new one to come.

Plus how can it not be high when we're watching the best ever Brighton team with a squad of likeable and very talented players?

Loved Duffy going around hugging all his team mates, team spirit is obviously amazing, he must be so disappointed to hardly feature.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So disappointed with 9th then and two stellar last two home games. Some people :rolleyes:

Nobody is disappointed with ninth are they? I'm certainly not - it is a fantastic achievement.

That wasn't the question that was asked, nor the question I answered.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It's been a privilege watching YB, but my mojo is unaffected by that because players will always come and go, and Caicedo looks up to the job. Not to mention the imminent arrival of two other players who've had stand-out seasons elsewhere (Mitoma and Undav). All in all, exciting times.

Bissouma took a while to get up to the level he is with us now. Caicedo looks immense after 8 appearances and he's still only 20. He's going to be a better player than Bisssouma.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have you always struggled with comprehension?

Nobody is disappointed with ninth are they? I'm certainly not - it is a fantastic achievement.

That wasn't the question that was asked, nor the question I answered.

But finishing ninth and playing the best football we have ever played is not enough for a 10? Being arsey is obviously not something you struggle with,

Your problem that you didn’t go to away games, hardly a reason to mark the team down imo.

Anyway stop bullying me :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Did he get a rousing reception from the fans? This could be the last we see of him in Albion colours. I hope he got the love he deserves.

Not really, there was loud music and players and Potter being interviewed whilst he was doing it

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
If it wasn't for our little 'blip', it would be 10.

If I had my way, next season would start on Saturday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
10 - it doesn't get much better than this moment for a club with our budget and checkered :)wanker:Archer:wanker:) history.

Absorb the moment.

With a feeling that the club is in great hands at all levels.

I'm heavily affected by results, the 3-1 home finale icing-on-the-cake.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Same, I never like giving a 10 but it would be extremely churlish not to. To come back from that dreadful run and finish the season like we have done IS the stuff of dreams for me. We have also done it playing fabulous football. Can things really get better?

Oh and Palace you do need to mind that gap now...at last :lolol:

Signing Gallagher would be the icing on the cake though

The crazy thing is that things can get better, and we can believe that because of the incremental improvements we are always making that are keeping us in the upward path. We may not finish as high as 9th next season, but equally we know this isn't a flash in the pan, one and done high finish, this is all part of a progression. Each step from here is harder than the one before, but we keep getting better.

Since the 97-97 nadir of 35 points in the bottom division, we've finished in a higher league position than the year before in 16 of 24 seasons. They say the journey can be better than the destination and what an amazing ride it is!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
SEVEN. League campaign worthy of a nine, but marked down by one due to the lack of an engaging cup run. Then another point lost at the thought that I'll not see Yves Bissouma again in an Albion team :down:

Gosh, you're a hard man to please.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Solid 9. Tempered by the fact that yesterday (probably) marked the very last time I will be following my current long standing match day regime with my friends.

Moving from Brighton to Horsham some time soon and probably before the start of the new season, so no more meeting my mates in my current local, beers in the East after waiting for the P&R queues to go down, and no more going back to my current local after the match with them.

Still, I shall no doubt be making new friends and setting up a new match day regime next season.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
7. It is the old adage that GP adheres to of not swaying with the wind; don't get too low when things going badly and not too high when going well.

Curate's egg of a season; 9 of the 12 wins came either in first 5 or in final 8 games; the 25 in between yielded just 3. And all with the same squad. Sometimes things just click, sometimes the reverse is true. The direction of travel can swerve suddenly and dramatically. .It looks good presently and lets celebrate the realisation of top 10 finish.

To push on I think we do need more on field leadership; start games better (H2 performance better than H1); and a striker who can just do that bit of skill to get us going when it is tough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here