Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of Mccammon?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bugger - mccammon is a hero

KinkyGoebels said:
He hasnt even been in the squad and with the turi signing is this the end for him or will he return?

It's a long season and anything can happen. He's behind both CKR and El Turi, so those would both have to be unavailable for him to get a look in. Unlikely, but not impossible. What McGhee actually said at the Fans Forum was that his time may have passed but he was going to give Big Mac the opportunity to show that it hadn't.

When some idiot from the floor started largeing it with the usual garbage against Big Mac, McGhee took his head off, which was fantastic :clap2:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Mmm, the way we were lumping balls up to Knight (5ft 4in) means there might be a place still for McCammon (6ft 3in/6ft 5in...unsure)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't reckon he is far up the pecking order, the shenanigans after Burnley away last season probably did little to help his longevity at the club, even if he and MM allegedly patched up their differences. The fact that Molango has gone on a season loan to Lincoln makes it likely that even he is higher up the order and considered a longer term prospect than McCammon.

Gully said:
The fact that Molango has gone on a season loan to Lincoln makes it likely that even he is higher up the order and considered a longer term prospect than McCammon.

No - McGhee would have been happy for Lincoln to take over the contract, he said as much at the supporters AGM. Lincoln have played it safe. Whatever, Molango is history for us.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OK LI, didn't know that, however I still reckon that Big Mac is some way off consideration for the first team, I may be proved to be way off the mark on this one but it would appear to be the general consensus.

Gully said:
OK LI, didn't know that, however I still reckon that Big Mac is some way off consideration for the first team, I may be proved to be way off the mark on this one but it would appear to be the general consensus.

Yes, depending where you'd put McPhee, he is 5 or 6 out of 6th. He ain't getting games quickly, we can agree on that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I actually thought Big Mac could do a job for us, he might have even reached cult status (thats c u l t) in the same way as Carl Leaburn, Kevin Francis, The Goat or Tony Cascarino. He could have been a modern day John Crumplin. Ridiculed but turned it round

Regrettably the Burnley 'incident' and the fact that El Turo looks to have something about him means that Big Macs days are numbered especially if we stay in the Championship.

As for McPhee...well maybe a loan spell would do him good somewhere..bag a few goals for a first team somewhere to get his confidence up.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
No - McGhee would have been happy for Lincoln to take over the contract, he said as much at the supporters AGM. Lincoln have played it safe. Whatever, Molango is history for us.

That is not entirely true. What was said was at the Forum was that currently McGhee does not see a future for Molango at the club and if Lincoln had come in for him permanetly he would have let him go. However if he has a blinding season and proves everyone wrong, then the door is open for him.

Regarding the McCammon incident at the Forum, McGhee did not take my mates head off, he just went back to the question.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
McCammon is awful.

That said he got a couple of goals including the one against Sunderland that helped us stay up so cheers for that.

BUT

It does not change the fact he is the worst excuse for a footballer I have ever seen and that it is only because Brighton fans have become some used to medioctity that people defend him on here.

Every single other Championship club would laugh him straight out the door.

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: The end of Mccammon?

London Irish said:

When some idiot from the floor started largeing it with the usual garbage against Big Mac, McGhee took his head off, which was fantastic :clap2:

You weren't even there, how would you know?

Apart from anything else, the idea of Mendoza 'largeing it' is comical. I've never met a more laid back, easy going individual.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Re: Re: Re: The end of Mccammon?

the full harris said:
You weren't even there, how would you know?

Apart from anything else, the idea of Mendoza 'largeing it' is comical. I've never met a more laid back, easy going individual.

You can listen to it on Seagull World. Was quite funny !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here