Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Emirates Stadium

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
i went to see arsenal v spurs in the carling cup 2nd lg after spurs had thrown away the 2 goal lead in the first leg. sat right near the top and got an amazing view, tickets were 30ish i think. was a good day out. at times it was like a library though however when te singing gets going it can be an incredible amount of noise but that might have only been because of the rivalry.

but great stadium and going back again next season for a match as in return for my mate taking me arsenal, i take him to millwall away with the albion each season! :)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I went to the Emirates Stadium yesterday, as my mate supports Arsenal and four of us went there from south wales, excellant stadium, (but in my opinion all new stadiums are good) A pint of Fosters was £3.20 not bad price really, a pie and a pint was £6.50, the pies were £4.00 if you bought them on there own.

The only hot dogs i saw on sale cost £5.00 for a "Foot long hotdog" all in all a great day, but it was a very long day, we caught a train from bridgend at 9.30am and my wife picked me up at the station at 11.45pm.

Oh and kinky, i didnt stand up when they sang "if you hate Tottenham stand up" :yahoo:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I went to the Emirates Stadium yesterday, as my mate supports Arsenal and four of us went there from south wales, excellant stadium, (but in my opinion all new stadiums are good) A pint of Fosters was £3.20 not bad price really, a pie and a pint was £6.50, the pies were £4.00 if you bought them on there own.

The only hot dogs i saw on sale cost £5.00 for a "Foot long hotdog" all in all a great day, but it was a very long day, we caught a train from bridgend at 9.30am and my wife picked me up at the station at 11.45pm.

Oh and kinky, i didnt stand up when they sang "if you hate Tottenham stand up" :yahoo:

Nor I!

My girlfriend did, scummy Arsenal bint.

The atmosphere on the 15th sept should be a lot better, got my ticket yesterday :clap2:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I really enjoyed it. Food inside any football ground is always overpriced, so got a pub breakfast before hand and the weatherspoons beer and a burger deal afterwards.
Obviously the atmosphere wasn't brilliant but that was to be expected, my only dissapointment was that Valencia were poor and i was expecting alot more from them before hand.

Materazzi got booed an awful lot, does anyone know why that was?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I really enjoyed it. Food inside any football ground is always overpriced, so got a pub breakfast before hand and the weatherspoons beer and a burger deal afterwards.
Obviously the atmosphere wasn't brilliant but that was to be expected, my only dissapointment was that Valencia were poor and i was expecting alot more from them before hand.

Materazzi got booed an awful lot, does anyone know why that was?

He gets that everywhere

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
saw it for the first time up close yesterday,
f***ing amazing.
came down the hornsey road, round the bend and there it was.
what an unbelievable looking ground.
ahhhhh, just how the other half live eh!

anyone been in to see any games yet?

how much are cheap tickets?
i quite fancy seeing a champions league game up there

My mate is an Arsenal fan and whilst he annoys me like hell when he buys my little boy an Arsenal onesy, oh and we've now both received Arsenal membership packs in the post which he thinks is hilarious, but his determined campaign to soil us with Arsenal aside he has taken me to a few matches there and it is amazingly good. The views are better than Cardiff, the facilities are spot on and the only thing I can think is wrong with it is that it's full of Arsenal fans and Arsenal play there. That said, the post above has reminded me...the hot chocolate is THE WORST you'll ever taste and the catering, whilst abundant, is crap though I can't think of any football ground where that isn't the case.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In today's Guardian, it says that Arsenal have 31,000 season ticket holders, and 20,000 on their waiting list.

Season ticket prices start at £850.00 :eek:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Never been.....dont want to unless we get a cup match there.............nice stadium but Arso-anal play there so it is a shithole:laugh:

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
lovely place looks great but its over priced and sanitised beyond belief- stewards are jumped up hitlers -have been told to be quiet by fans around me-i dont want to pay 40 quid for a ticket then be moaned at, full of tourist ,buisnessmen and johnny come lately nick hornby types -cashburden grove seems to have f***ed up our momentum but was essential to compete with the other big clubs,but it has left a bitter taste, and has made me realise arsenal dont want fans like me.they want money and couldnt give a tinkers cuss about loyal fans who live and breathe the club,its embarassing to go to a home game and be outsung by most teams that play there,although the carling cup game someone mentioned earlier in this post was the one game that gave me hope.
i wish all you lot luck with your stadium and i get the feeling its going to be a different story for you lot-youve had so much shit you deserve a home and im sure you'll appreciate it!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've been working in Islington this week and got talking to a local resident. She was saying how chaotic it was on match days as the nearest Tube (Holloway Road) has no escalators and the nearest train station (Dunton Park) is usually closed as it's just not big enough. Going what she told me about the problems the new stadium has created it makes the complaints of the NIMBYs seem even more lame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here