Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the Elephant in the room

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think it means we get less favourable deals when securing loans. Higher premiums etc....

lets hope this is all passed on to those we have lent money to

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Oh well we can always just blame Brown for not being a clairvoyant and selling the gold at the wrong time. That'll take the heat of us.

What a complete load of bollocks. He needed intelligence which the sweaty sock and all the other sweaties inc. Blair lacked.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What a complete load of bollocks. He needed intelligence which the sweaty sock and all the other sweaties inc. Blair lacked.

3 TERMS
not that unintelligent ..........or should I say more intelligent that the others
probably because they were watered down tories anyway

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
So, Osborne lied to us when he claimed he could, and when he claimed he was.

As much as I hate the bumbling buffoon, I am not convined he lied. I would suggest it is complete incompetence. Never has a politician been so out of his depth. The man has a complete lack of direction, lurching from one disasterous policy to another, resulting in constant u-turns.

Unfortuantely, for the country the only man running him close in the incompetence stakes is Ed Balls.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
As much as I hate the bumbling buffoon, I am not convined he lied. I would suggest it is complete incompetence. Never has a politician been so out of his depth. The man has a complete lack of direction, lurching from one disasterous policy to another, resulting in constant u-turns.
Absolutely this.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Osborne will be able to completely run the country into the ground and still blame it on the previous government. Living standards are now back to the level they were in 2003.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Unfortuantely, for the country the only man running him close in the incompetence stakes is Ed Balls.

I agree. My lie comment was a proposition to the poster.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
So, Osborne lied to us when he claimed he could, and when he claimed he was.

Absolutely. All the politicians on all sides are lying when they claim to have the solutions that will turn things around in just a few years. After 13 years of over spending Labour left us with massive debts and a completely buggered economy. By their own admission they left the incoming Gov with no money. Then this has been accompanied by economic meltdown across Europe and most of the rest of the world. How is this going to be solved quickly? Moreover, if there was a simple solution then at least one country would have found it by now.
I think we, the public, need to wake up to this and grow up.Too many people expect instant solutions when they just don't exist.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Print some more money lmfao simples

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's just as well there is an elephant in the room. If there wasn't, we would be paying bedroom tax on it :(

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh come on. I do think we would NOTICE an elephant in a room that was only 9ft x 7ft.

Maybe, maybe not. Now if it was a baby Bornean Pygmy Elephant the smallest elephant in the world. The males rarely exceed 2.5m in height while a large female measures around 2m.......... then you might not notice. :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here