Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the Elephant in the room

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
1978 was the last time we were lower than AAA, who was in charge in the lead up to then?

Labour had been in power for 4 years last time, the tory/lib dem coalition in power for 3 years this time - and your point is ?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Cut to much to quickly resulting in f**k all economic activity, killing businesses and f**king growth and tax income for years to come.

Take a bow Osbourne and co you plebs.

They threw normal business and jo public in the fire and tried to keep their cosy friends working in the finance and banking industry happy.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
we are now AA1 rated
after 30 years of being AAA rated
all the time that shite Labour government were in we never lost it

discuss

Liebour left this country in the shit. Brown sold the gold reserves at a ridiculously low amount, probably to the Rothschild's, Brown was more interested in looking after Scotland, as were his Chancellor Darling (Edinburgh West) Gorbals Mick, John Reid etc. In fact Liebour has sold this country down the river.
Having said that, the other 2 main parties are crap as well.
FYI.
Watch it and weep...
Scottish Claim to Right - YouTube

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Labour were in last time, the tory/lib dem coalition this time - and your point is ?

I think the point is that most governments are shite at looking after the British public (thats all of us not just the rich or those who may unfortunately be on benefits) no government since I have been voting has been there to look after us as a nation, other nations maybe building projects here there and everywhere except here in the UK.
and as yet there has never been a government that has had the backbone to do what we want EG:- why could we have not sent the seditious Jordanian back home with his family for the price of the airline tickets we rid ourselves of the twat and his extended family in one go,instead he is still here and some of our soldiers are homeless on the streets or when they come home have no room to stay at the family home because the government have started charging for the room they used to be in.

its not about who is in government ........but how they run the country, and how they look after us as a nation

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
These clowns a have to be booted out. There will be nothing left of the economy if they're not.
They were booted out a couple of years ago, where've you been?

abc

Jan 6, 2007
All down to labour and the spend, spend, spend Bliar legacy

Totally. Remember the note left behind by a Labour Minister "the money's all gone". How anyone can expect any government of any colour to turn this around in a few years is beyond me. We will eventually get there one day no doubt but it will be despite Labour not thanks to

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Give all working poeople 500k so we can kick start the Housing markets etc ourselves,.as we seem to be have a few quid in the B of E reserves.(16billion reported ) and stop sending aid across to the 3rd world countries....(until we can afford to look after our own).............done

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Liebour left this country in the shit. Brown sold the gold reserves at a ridiculously low amount, probably to the Rothschild's, Brown was more interested in looking after Scotland, as were his Chancellor Darling (Edinburgh West) Gorbals Mick, John Reid etc. In fact Liebour has sold this country down the river.
Having said that, the other 2 main parties are crap as well.
FYI.
Watch it and weep...
Scottish Claim to Right - YouTube

we could of coarse allow Scotland ,Wales to become independent now and the drain on the English economy would be stemmed if they want independence so much let them have it ........but completely not a bit that they like and make the English pay for the rest, it would go some way to making full employment in England real jobs and those who stay would have to pay full tax and those who are unemployed would be sent home.

feck me I am sounding like an advert for the national party.................how the feck did that happen

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How anyone can expect any government of any colour to turn this around in a few years is beyond me.

So, Osborne lied to us when he claimed he could, and when he claimed he was.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think the point is that most governments are shite at looking after the British public (thats all of us not just the rich or those who may unfortunately be on benefits) no government since I have been voting has been there to look after us as a nation, other nations maybe building projects here there and everywhere except here in the UK.
and as yet there has never been a government that has had the backbone to do what we want EG:- why could we have not sent the seditious Jordanian back home with his family for the price of the airline tickets we rid ourselves of the twat and his extended family in one go,instead he is still here and some of our soldiers are homeless on the streets or when they come home have no room to stay at the family home because the government have started charging for the room they used to be in.

its not about who is in government ........but how they run the country, and how they look after us as a nation

Well for a start England needs it's own Parliament, we are the only country in the civilised world not to have it's own. Wales, NI, Scotland have their own Assemblies and Parliaments, in fact, 110 of there MP's, Plaid Cymru, SNP, DWP etc can vote on ENGLISH only debates..... The MP's of England, Scotland, Wales, NI, can not vote on any issues unless it is on their own countries issues.
McBroon for example managed to bail out the Royal Bank Of Scotland, Clydesdale Bank (which is in his own constituency) change the borders for North Sea oil, so that more are in the Scottish seas, move navy projects away from areas like Pompey to.......you guessed it.
Apart from that, allowing mass immigration, (mainly to England) when unemployment was high, plus letting the EU dictate.......makes Liebour (with their phoney WMD) a traitorous odious bunch....... imo.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
so the lower rating means Moodys think we are at slightly higher risk of defaulting on a loan - so what, will countries stop trading with us? charge us a higher rate of interest? etc just because one credit ratings agency wants to stir things up? I don't think so. Look at the FTSE, our top coys seem to be doing ok. This might take a little heat out of the market - let's see!

Last edited:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Well for a start England needs it's own Parliament, we are the only country in the civilised world not to have it's own. Wales, NI, Scotland have their own Assemblies and Parliaments, in fact, 110 of there MP's, Plaid Cymru, SNP, DWP etc can vote on ENGLISH only debates..... The MP's of England, Scotland, Wales, NI, can not vote on any issues unless it is on their own countries issues.
McBroon for example managed to bail out the Royal Bank Of Scotland, Clydesdale Bank (which is in his own constituency) change the borders for North Sea oil, so that more are in the Scottish seas, move navy projects away from areas like Pompey to.......you guessed it.
Apart from that, allowing mass immigration, (mainly to England) when unemployment was high, plus letting the EU dictate.......makes Liebour (with their phoney WMD) a traitorous odious bunch....... imo.
Let me guess...you're a UKIP supporter?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
You mean the BRILLIANT idea of cutting jobs AND cutting back to work schemes has failed?

Lets cut the number of Nurses and Police Officers too then, and take benefits away from from those we f***ed over by cutting jobs.. Oh, that's been tried too? What about taking £200 million away from SureStart centres? Nope, tried that too. Shit.

There must be some vulnerable people left we haven't f***ed over yet? You know the types, the fall guys so we can give big business tax breaks?

Oh well we can always just blame Brown for not being a clairvoyant and selling the gold at the wrong time. That'll take the heat of us.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
another point here is have you tried getting a mortgage lately ......they are around but only if you can put down a huge deposit so not only are the government doing us over so are the banks some might think there is some collusion here.
banks trying to screw over the banks in the USA by buying their bad debts and shite mortgages getting the government and us to bail them out and then repeating history by screwing us over again
and I know I keep on about it but thats one thing I did'nt like about Brown was the fact that when he had the banks by the short and curlies he did not nationalise them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here