Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The dusty and insidious Regency Society

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This regressive bunch of piss smelling, narrow minded fools who seem to hold much sway and claim to represent the views of the city are only 370 strong. Yes three hundred and f**king seventy. How can such a small group of people be regularly consulted on planning proposals?

And that SaveHove bunch. 80 year old senile, dribbling, tweed wearing irritants with way too much time on their hands who have the arrogance to think they know what's best for the rest of us. You've had your time granddad, now move over as it's the next generation who will have to live here. You'll all be gone shortly.

I'm all for preservation of our heritage, but we do need to get weaving on some quality new developments. Every other major city has some cool shit going on...we're being dragged backwards by these bastards.

F**k the both of you.

Herr Tubthumper, of the 21st century.

P.S. I have had an extra cup of coffee this morning.

This regressive bunch of piss smelling, narrow minded fools who seem to hold much sway and claim to represent the views of the city are only 370 strong. Yes three hundred and f**king seventy. How can such a small group of people be regularly consulted on planning proposals?

The could never quite grasp the fact that 61,452 people signed the petition in favour of a stadium at Falmer.

P.S. I need a cup of coffee.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep. Pull down the Pavilion - we need a skating rink.
Alternatively, the "Brighton" pier is tacky, the West Pier was forgotten long ago, the waterfront is an eyesore West of that nice Italian restaurant in Hove, the traffic is a nightmare and nothing *ever* changes to improve things.

Intertia is RUINING Brighton & Hove.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
we need a skating rink.

We do need a skating rink but we wont get one built ANYWHERE if the various self-appointed spokespeople I've highlighted continually use their unjust influence.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Alternatively, the "Brighton" pier is tacky, the West Pier was forgotten long ago, the waterfront is an eyesore West of that nice Italian restaurant in Hove, the traffic is a nightmare and nothing *ever* changes to improve things.

Intertia is RUINING Brighton & Hove.

The anti-Gehry towers lot used to make me laugh when they banged on about the Regency waterfront in Hove. The seafront is a mish-mash of architectural styles and epochs. We've got a few very nice and grand Regency squares, but they are one period amongst many.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Got to agree with you HT. The Regency Society is effectively Brighton's very own Academie Francaise with our very own immortals leaving us behind and stagnating.

The i360 and the Gehry buildings would have been the business.

*piece of trivia. Antoine De Caunes father is/was a member of the Academie Francaise.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The anti-Gehry towers lot used to make me laugh when they banged on about the Regency waterfront in Hove. The seafront is a mish-mash of architectural styles and epochs. We've got a few very nice and grand Regency squares, but they are one period amongst many.

Although the Gehry towers were not appropriate. Rather than cramming loads of housing on the site they should just build a state of the art sports centre. It didn't help that it was forced through by councillors on a nod and a wink.

D

Deleted User X18H

Got to agree with you HT. The Regency Society is effectively Brighton's very own Academie Francaise with our very own immortals leaving us behind and stagnating.

The i360 and the Gehry buildings would have been the business.

*piece of trivia. Antoine De Caunes father is/was a member of the Academie Francaise.

No they wouldn't they would have been shit. Gehery has a history of poorly designed and inappropriately structured buildings. The only people to benefit from these monstrosities would have been these dreadful 'Johnny come lately's' who think Brighton is the epitome of their glorified bad taste.

Mentioning no names.

The Regency Society were pains in the arse re Falmer,but have a great importance to the ongoing structure of this City.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

And that SaveHove bunch. 80 year old senile, dribbling, tweed wearing irritants with way too much time on their hands who have the arrogance to think they know what's best for the rest of us. You've had your time granddad, now move over as it's the next generation who will have to live here. You'll all be gone shortly.

I'm all for preservation of our heritage, but we do need to get weaving on some quality new developments. Every other major city has some cool shit going on...we're being dragged backwards by these bastards.

F**k the both of you.

Couldn't agree more. The thing is no development proposal is going to be 100% perfect and will get 100% agreement - and even among Brighton fans we acknowledge that Falmer isn't 100% ideal. There has to be an acknowledgment that there will be winners and losers and there is such a concept as 'the greater good'.

As far as development is concerned you can also add the Greens to that list who in Brighton are a sad bunch of reactionary NOTEs and BANANAs

D

Deleted User X18H

Dick Knights Mumm;3325085 We need a skating rink.[/QUOTE said:
We had many about a month ago then about 2 weeks ago as well.

This is why B&H Council don't grit. Skating Rinks galore.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Couldn't agree more. The thing is no development proposal is going to be 100% perfect and will get 100% agreement - and even among Brighton fans we acknowledge that Falmer isn't 100% ideal. There has to be an acknowledgment that there will be winners and losers and there is such a concept as 'the greater good'.

As far as development is concerned you can also add the Greens to that list who in Brighton are a sad bunch of reactionary NOTEs and BANANAs

I've heard of "BANANA"s = Build absolutely nothing anywhere near anything.

What is a NOTE?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This regressive bunch of piss smelling, narrow minded fools who seem to hold much sway and claim to represent the views of the city are only 370 strong. Yes three hundred and f**king seventy.

And that SaveHove bunch.

You've had your time granddad, now move over as it's the next generation who will have to live here. You'll all be gone shortly.

http://regencysociety.org/membership.html - Join the Society, and enjoy the Outstanding Lecture Series, Visits and Social Events, as well as making your voice heard in important planning matters.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

F**k the both of you.

What a hoorible start to my morning.......I have to agree with you!

Only this week the 'Save Hove' group claimed that we should not be using uPVC windows as they are bad for the envoiroment, nothing to do with not being 'Regency' of course!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here