Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Duke and Duchess of Sussex QUIT the Royal family

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Eamonn Holmes has a history of making controversial statements. Maybe this one was made in ignorance of the American baggage of the word, or perhaps he was aware but knew he could defend himself with a British dictionary definition.

Either way, the man's a dick, as recently highlighted by the 5g stuff.
I care not a jot about Eamonn Holmes, whatever he does. I do get pi88ed off when a perfectly good word is misappropriated by some group or another for their own particular agenda.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I care not a jot about Eamonn Holmes, whatever he does. I do get pi88ed off when a perfectly good word is misappropriated by some group or another for their own particular agenda.

Does that happen to you a lot?

Anyway, this doesn't really affect you and your ability to say uppity. However, if you ever do find yourself on TV talking about a black, American woman who you feel is a bit big for her boots, it might be advisable to choose an appropriate synonym.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Yes, I know what you mean. For example, when heartless morons use the words "money-grabbers" to describe desperate out of work people trying to claim a pitiful amount in the form of state benefit, as opposed to it's true meaning as I understood it - which is people who are disapprovingly determined to get money, often for it's own sake.

I wonder where I've seen this sort of irritating misappropriation before?

Ah yes, here:

Being 'coerced' back to work to help process the (literally) millions of UC claims that are coming in at the moment, I believe. Of course, maybe it would be better to make the money-grabbers that want UC wait weeks and weeks before their claims are processed by the usual DWP staff, now genuinely experiencing 'an unprecedented level of calls'..

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No, it doesn't. What a peculiar question.

You said "I do get pi88ed off when....". That suggested thsi wasn't the first occasion.

By the way, I just found out you can't say Karen anymore. You'll love this :D https://www.vox.com/2020/2/5/21079162

Karen.jpg

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, I know what you mean. For example, when heartless morons use the words "money-grabbers" to describe desperate out of work people trying to claim a pitiful amount in the form of state benefit, as opposed to it's true meaning as I understood it - which is people who are disapprovingly determined to get money, often for it's own sake.

I wonder where I've seen this sort of irritating misappropriation before?

Ah yes, here:

You really are a bit thick at times, or at best clumsy at jumping to wrong conclusions.. Ever tried reading a post in the context of the post that was being replied to? Civil servants were being called back into work to help process the avalanche of claims for universal credit, and the OP was complaining about said civil servants being 'coerced' by heartless bosses into going back into going back to work.

The phrase you have erroneously and rather stupidly decided is my opinion of the people I served for 20 years in Benefit Offices and Job Centres was in fact a dig at the OP. Now go away and play nicely, and perhaps think about your need to track a poster for over a week to get in a misplaced dig at them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You really are a bit thick at times, or at best clumsy at jumping to wrong conclusions.. Ever tried reading a post in the context of the post that was being replied to? Civil servants were being called back into work to help process the avalanche of claims for universal credit, and the OP was complaining about said civil servants being 'coerced' by heartless bosses into going back into going back to work.

The phrase you have erroneously and rather stupidly decided is my opinion of the people I served for 20 years in Benefit Offices and Job Centres was in fact a dig at the OP. Now go away and play nicely, and perhaps think about your need to track a poster for over a week to get in a misplaced dig at them.

Absolute rubbish. On that thread, you were called out by three other people for using the "money grabber" term. You did what you always did, ignored them all and sloped off hoping nobody would notice. There is nothing clumsy about interpreting the phrase "maybe it would be better to make the money-grabbers that want UC wait weeks and weeks before their claims are processed" as one of a tedious self-absorbed cretin. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it's all your fault I'm afraid. Nobody made you use those words.

And this idea I have tracked you? I remember I pulled you up for that once before when you suggested I was stalking you. I asked you to provide more than one occasion in the previous week where I had even so much as replied to you. Again, you did what you always do - ignored it and sloped off. You're an absolute joke as I have proven here.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I must say, all those posters who don't care about this couple are doing a fantastic job at letting us know how much they don't care this couple. Great effort all round :clap2:

:lol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I must say, all those posters who don't care about this couple are doing a fantastic job at letting us know how much they don't care this couple. Great effort all round :clap2:

:lol:

The same with any thread about snooker, harveys, gambling etc etc. Lots of people who apparently are desperate for some sort of recognition in their lives and eager to accumulate a prodigious number of posts, falling over themselves to litter the thread with comment about how it doesn't apply to them.

Well great. Your incredible level of coolness is duly noted.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolute rubbish. On that thread, you were called out by three other people for using the "money grabber" term. You did what you always did, ignored them all and sloped off hoping nobody would notice. There is nothing clumsy about interpreting the phrase "maybe it would be better to make the money-grabbers that want UC wait weeks and weeks before their claims are processed" as one of a tedious self-absorbed cretin. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it's all your fault I'm afraid. Nobody made you use those words.

And this idea I have tracked you? I remember I pulled you up for that once before when you suggested I was stalking you. I asked you to provide more than one occasion in the previous week where I had even so much as replied to you. Again, you did what you always do - ignored it and sloped off. You're an absolute joke as I have proven here.
OK, You're a wonderful liberal and tolerant person, who can read minds and can make wonderful, if erroneous, judgemental decisions about your fellow NSCers.
Everything I stated in my post that you dismissed as rubbish was true, You don't like it? Tough, I'm quickly developing a dislike of you. I'm starting to think HWT's way of dealing with obnoxious posters has some merit - and incidentally, you've proven nothing, except perhaps about yourself. I'm not an aggressive or confrontational sort of person, so I really don't see any point in carrying on the sort of 'conversation' that you seem determined to have, so yes, you can go on ignore for a while. Best place for you.
I previously suggested - politely - you should go and play nicely - obviously that's beyond you.

So **** off.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rumours circulating online that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting another arrival. In all of the current dark times of racial and social injustice and the appalling treatment of black people in the UK and USA it us lovely to wake up to a good news story for both countries.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Rumours circulating online that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting another arrival. In all of the current dark times of racial and social injustice and the appalling treatment of black people in the UK and USA it us lovely to wake up to a good news story for both countries.

I'll put up the bunting after lunch.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

But can he or she play left back?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Whereas, what you actually mean is......what exactly? ??? :shrug;

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here