We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Harry and Meg ditch the tabloids

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52349573

Good move...

Interesting. My initial thought was “are they mad?”.

They’ve instructed their PR team to not even respond to calls from the hacks from those 4 rags, even if they’re simply seeking verification of facts. They’ve effectively declared war against the red-tops. Only one winner, imo, and it won’t be the Sussexes.

“It has been alleged that Harry drowns kittens for fun. We approached his press office to seek confirmation that this allegation is untrue. His press team declined to comment on the story”.

Seriously bad move, imo.

Time will tell.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting. My initial thought was “are they mad?”.

They’ve instructed their PR team to not even respond to calls from the hacks from those 4 rags, even if they’re simply seeking verification of facts. They’ve effectively declared war against the red-tops. Only one winner, imo, and it won’t be the Sussexes.

“It has been alleged that Harry drowns kittens for fun. We approached his press office to seek confirmation that this allegation is untrue. His press team declined to comment on the story”.

Seriously bad move, imo.

Time will tell.

If they make up stories they can still be sued...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Good move by them tbh. If the knuckle draggers have no stories to publish about them, then they'll just have to try proper journalism for a change.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I thought they were to stop using the title duke and duchess of sussex and to just blend in with the general population and stop drawing attention to themselves. There are plenty of millionaires and billionaires who are almost invisible to the press and wider public.

I fear for Megan life is a film set for devas while for Harry it's a fear of a mirror of his mothers life

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Good move by them tbh. If they knuckle draggers have no stories to publish about them, then they'll just have to try proper journalism for a change.

Yep, they are ostracising the major papers that report the royals. Its a good result for everyone they will have less coverage. Loads of people think they are dickheads.............good riddance.......and i am a royalist

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Loads of people think they are dickheads.............good riddance.......and i am a royalist

I am also a staunch royalist but these two idiots have really alienated me. I think that once the Queen has gone, the Royal Family will not be held in the same regard.

They will always be there though, that is without question. Even if a referendum was called, the 'keep' vote would be 80% plus.

It really rankles with me that they are still the 'Sussexes'. Pair of bellends.

Watching the Windsors on Netflix makes me think that this is actually a very accurate portrayal.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And I am certain that they all know them personally.

He and the wife should take a leaf out of his brothers book, who is perfectly capable of speaking to all the press from every publication, and with his lovely Kate successfully manage to promote an awareness of mental health issues whilst being a royal couple

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He and the wife should take a leaf out of his brothers book, who is perfectly capable of speaking to all the press from every publication, and with his lovely Kate successfully manage to promote an awareness of mental health issues whilst being a royal couple

I'm sure they probably would, if the media decided to act like complete CJTCs towards him and his wife. Besides, they are their own people and should be allowed to do what they want with their own lives, shouldn't they? Harry has said about how the press attention affected him after Diana's death.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here