Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Dominant Norwich Team of last season

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The really amazing stat is ONLY 27 goals conceded. I never thought when Gus was appointed we'd be getting a coach with the defensive ability of George Graham. I wonder what the record is for fewest goals conceded in this division?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The really amazing stat is ONLY 27 goals conceded. I never thought when Gus was appointed we'd be getting a coach with the defensive ability of George Graham. I wonder what the record is for fewest goals conceded in this division?

Give tanno some credit!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ok, you've got a point.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Thought i would do an update after us dropping points on Saturday at Rochdale
Code:
Team      Pld W  L  D F  A PTS
Brighton   39 25 9  5 71 29 84
Norwich    39 25 7  7 79 41 82
Leicester  39 23 13 3 71 32 82
Swansea    39 23 10 6 70 35 79
Scunthorpe 39 21 13 5 61 30 76

Still looking good, I thought Norwich and Leicester would have been above us but it seems they too slipped up about this time :thumbsup:

Incidentally the last time a team reached 100 points in this division was 2003. Wigan achieved exactly 100 points and after 39 games had 2 more points than us.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

In 2003 Wigan conceded a paltry 25 goals, incredibly only 9 away from home. This is the best defensive record over the last 15 years im not sure about ever but it would certainly take some beating.

Unfortunately we have already conceded more than that.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I think it's utterly pointless trying to compare yourselves to Norwich. Yes you're cruising to the title like Norwich did, but their squad has Championship experience in abundance.

Brighton do not, of course you'll invest in the summer but you wont want to disrupt a settled team.

I maintain you're all way too confident about next season. You'll do OK but you're dreaming if you think following in Norwich's footsteps is going to happen.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think it's utterly pointless trying to compare yourselves to Norwich. Yes you're cruising to the title like Norwich did, but their squad has Championship experience in abundance.

Brighton do not, of course you'll invest in the summer but you wont want to disrupt a settled team.

I maintain you're all way too confident about next season. You'll do OK but you're dreaming if you think following in Norwich's footsteps is going to happen.

Whatever, we'll still do better than you.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Norwich added seven senior pro's to their squad this season all of whom have been regulars. That is also the number of players that Gus has been quoted as saying we need. I think the similarities are striking personally.

Also, don't come on our board and tell us what we can and can't do.

No doubt you would have said the same about Norwich last season, especially if you had any animosity against them

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Code:
Brighton   39 25 9  5 71 29 84

Still looking good, I thought Norwich and Leicester would have been above us but it seems they too slipped up about this time :thumbsup:

Incidentally the last time a team reached 100 points in this division was 2003. Wigan achieved exactly 100 points and after 39 games had 2 more points than us.

You've got your Lost and Drawn columns labelled the wrong way round. We've only lost 5 times this season. :thumbsup:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Code:
Brighton   39 25 [B]9  5[/B] 71 29 84

Our Lost and Drawn figures are the wrong way round in that table.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

And they signed Andrew Crofts, who has done very well for them this season and wherere did he come from? I forget. can someone remind me?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
now a point behind norwich after 45 games

however there is still hope for seagulls fans as we lost our final game last season

Just concentrate on Monday son, got a feeling Pompey may turn you over.....

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
nothing i can do about monday, however hard i concentrate

fwiw i reckon you lot can stay up next season

a lot of average sides in the bottom half

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Laughable comment, with the investment made by Bloom in the squad expect 6-7 quality proven Championship players to be brought in and a top half finish

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
ffs smithy have some belief in your team

ok you might be playing like relegation candidates right now but as wadey says, you're bound to invest in new players

bloom ain't stupid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here