Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DECIDER - 5th Test Match, The Oval - England vs Australia

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jesus - and I thought that i was a miserable git.

I am not being miserable I just think that they have such strength in depth of their batting that they would be able to get a high score in the 4th innings as they showed earlier in the series. A century plus stand from 2 of our batsmen would change that scenario considerably.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I am not being miserable I just think that they have such strength in depth of their batting that they would be able to get a high score in the 4th innings as they showed earlier in the series. A century plus stand from 2 of our batsmen would change that scenario considerably.

not on that wicket.

I am not being miserable .

And you can f*** off too. You were f***ing born miserable. Your first kiss from a girl probably sent you into the doldrums. The first orgasm you ever had gave you depression and when, briefly, in 1973, you managed to crack a smile, it hurt so much that you f***ing whinged about it for 20 years after.

Miserable git. They ought to take your teeth away as a lesson to everyone else to cheer the f*** up.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

Wtf. That is bollocks. If we declared now we'd probably win. Batting in the 4th innings at the Oval isn't easy - did you see how far Swann was spinning it? And that was today!

Batting for us wont be easy tomorrow, but if they get stuck in, and put on 100+ that'll be more than enough.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think that we will leave the Aussies to get 350 and they will do it with 2 wickets to spare, unlees we can get a 100+ stand from a couple of batsmen. Flintoff & Prior perhaps.

Im sorry but that wicket is shot. There is no way anyone is chasing 350 on that track. As Geoff Thomson said only the lord Don Bradman would stand a chance.

Anything up to about 300 or 350 would be gettable by the Australians. Or at least they would think it was gettable, which is perhaps more to the point.

OK, the chances are they will be bowled out pretty cheaply but it only needs a couple of their guys to stay in - Ponting and katich possibly - and they could get a decent score.

The pitch is definitely iffy, difficult to get in on, but once you are in then it seems a bit easier.

It seems easier at the start so if they got a good start it could get interesting.

If they do get a couple of players in then it can all come down to luck. As Shane Warne says, at some stage you are going to get a ball with your name on it. If that ball results in a missed catch, who knows?

I still fancy our chances strongly though. Stand by for pictures of a rat-arsed Flintoff again

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wouldn't 300-odd be a RECORD fourth innings score to win a Test match at The Oval?

Yes. No team has scored more than 300 to win there. I remember India scoring 429 in drawing the match 30 years ago though - one of the most exciting games I've ever seen.

I think Australia would struggle to score more than 250 on this pitch. We could be shot out for under a 100 on this wicket and still win.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
There seems to be a lot of confidence in our winning at the moment. I don't quite know why, Australia have already got a comfortable 400+ in a run chase this Ashes and the pitch really isn't that bad. Sure, there's something for the bowlers, but it's not extreme, there's just been a lot of indifferent strokes / bad decisions so far. I won't be confident unless England can post a lead of 400 - I don't reckon 300 is enough against a side with Ponting and Clarke in it.

Even if we were 400 up anyway, we should all know better than to write the Aussies off. Have we learnt nothing?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
we SHOULD win this match, whether we actually do or not is upto todays runs, get a lead of 350+ and we should at LEAST get a draw :D

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
There seems to be a lot of confidence in our winning at the moment. I don't quite know why, Australia have already got a comfortable 400+ in a run chase this Ashes and the pitch really isn't that bad. Sure, there's something for the bowlers, but it's not extreme, there's just been a lot of indifferent strokes / bad decisions so far. I won't be confident unless England can post a lead of 400 - I don't reckon 300 is enough against a side with Ponting and Clarke in it.

Even if we were 400 up anyway, we should all know better than to write the Aussies off. Have we learnt nothing?

:lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
And did those feet in ancient time,
Walk upon Englands mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen !

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills ?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills ?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold:
Bring me my Chariot of fire !

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In Englands green & pleasant Land
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
And you can f*** off too. You were f***ing born miserable. Your first kiss from a girl probably sent you into the doldrums. The first orgasm you ever had gave you depression and when, briefly, in 1973, you managed to crack a smile, it hurt so much that you f***ing whinged about it for 20 years after.

Miserable git. They ought to take your teeth away as a lesson to everyone else to cheer the f*** up.

I think that is a bit uncalled for. BG is entitled to his opinions.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Agreed - although what would you expect from someone who eats pot noodles.

:lol::lol::bigwave:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

I agree with that. He does appear to have been born miserable though:)

England could, should and WILL win this test match. We'll get a low score this innings, everybody will shit themselves, and then we'll skittle them for under 250.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here