Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DECIDER - 5th Test Match, The Oval - England vs Australia

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
Its not over yet but F@@K ME that was the most enjoyable couple of hours watching cricket since 2005. It maybe Freddie's match but his succesor has come to the party big style!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Marcus is one of nearly 800 to email us today, and one of several scores of angry Australians reading. "This is ridiculous," he vents. "Why is the wicket playing like a Karachi dustbowl on the second day? England bowl great when they are handed a pitch of landmines. If Australia lose this series, it will be one of the most unjust loses of all time. Australia should have won this series 3-1."

We can prepare the wicket how we want to, now :sheep:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No longer, ahem, BatSpackers.

Although on second thoughts...give it half an hour....

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
it's amazing really that despite the frankly appalling standard of umpiring in this series it's remained so enthralling - that's at least two absolutely shocking decisions each already in the first innings of this 5th test alone.
It's a shame the ICC caved in to the paranoia of the "sub continent power base" and disposed of umpires from the participating countries officiating otherwise we could have had our own Sussex born Mark Benson and NSW's Simon Taufel, easily the best two going around.
I'm sure the old enemies would have happily had those two all series...
Come on England, that little urn of ash is in sight now, stay cool chaps, keep it together...:cool:

I don't actually think they're batting too badly. I just think this pitch is giving something to EVERY bowler, and is really tough to score on. I can see us getting a pretty low total (sub-150) in the second innings but it being more than enough.

just enough will do nicely.................

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on, come on, don't go getting knocked over for bugger all now.

*crosses every possible digit*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here