Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The day football went mad. Rumours KAKA £100,000,000

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
People react too strongly to rumours.

For a start it's already gone mad, with players like Berbatov going for 32 million.

I just don't see this transfer will ever come off, especially the 500k a week part, so why don't you just wait and see if it happens before making a mass of threads about it.
Because its what football fans do - talk about football related matters. Its a possibility, so why not talk about it?

Why don't we wait until Birchall signs before we talk about it?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Much rather sign Messi.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Because its what football fans do - talk about football related matters. Its a possibility, so why not talk about it?

Why don't we wait until Birchall signs before we talk about it?

I'm not talking about that.

But threads stating that Kaka's alledged transfer is the day football went mad is stupid.

Every little chance people have to knock the premier league is taken advantage of, getting boring. (I agree that the ridiculous sums are ruining it, but doesn't need threads every day saying it)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Call me a raving Loony Leftie if you like, but the amounts of filthy lucre supposedly being offered here is absolutely f***ing OBSCENE. The game in this country (& probably globally as a result) has just hit a new low imo.

Bag of Kaka. :censored:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Make him England manager too, he has a knack of turning average teams play to their strengths, just what we might need in a couple of years.

Nooooooooooooo. He was sacked by Southampton and West Ham for good reasons. His recent record with Spurs is pretty shite too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why do these people (Abramovich etc) pump so much money into football clubs for little return unless they are indeed so rich that they don't need the money. Does this make the clubs their playthings? If so, what happens to the clubs when they get bored of them?

He is digracefully rich via a very corrupt system but one day he may lose it all.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Every little chance people have to knock the premier league is taken advantage of, getting boring. (I agree that the ridiculous sums are ruining it, but doesn't need threads every day saying it)

Apologist alert. Name me two good things, for the good of football, that the Premiership brings to our country and football as a whole.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why do these people (Abramovich etc) pump so much money into football clubs for little return unless they are indeed so rich that they don't need the money. Does this make the clubs their playthings? If so, what happens to the clubs when they get bored of them?

Rumour has it that the money 'invested' by Roman is simply a loan. There was a piece in the paper today, a suggestion from the Bayern Munchich chairman, that Chlesea were for sale for £1, but 'debts' were £900m (moneys owed to RA).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it time to bring in a salary cap? Or is that restriction of trade?

Teams like Bradford nearly went out of business by offering massive wages that they couldnt afford when income dried up but they had 2 or 3 years of contracts to honour!

Man City would be in the same boat if this billionaire pulled out and Kaka had a 3 or 4 year contract. £500k a week would be criminal.

I no longer watch Premiership football on TV and dont have sky, because players are over paid prima donas and also real fans are no longer important to clubs in the top 2 divisions. This has been highlighted again to me by the comments of Parkinson at Charlton who said the players care a lot more about the club than the fans - what a lot of rubbish, most just care about the pay cheque and being pampered to all the time!

Money has ruined football, yes its good to see great players in England but it has changed things for the worse IMHO, ie stupid ticket prices, matches at stupid times, pathetic play acting by players, wages that make footballers (Premiership and some Championship) out of touch with the real world ie Ashley Cole moaning at £55k a week.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Couldnt agree more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here