Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Day After Tomorrow

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is on Film4 tonight

Exactly how shit is it?

I quite fancy some mindless-Hollywood stupidity but is this too shit even for that?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm a bit of a sucker for a good disaster movie so I think it's perfectly watchable. Clearly no award winner and contains a veritable feast of Hollywood cliches but not a bad film.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its toilet. Some of the worst cgi for the "wolves" I've ever seen, and the dad seems to walk from Washington to New York in a day. Across a snowcap.

It also irritated me the way all the world scientists were looking to the Americans to provide the answers (as though they've ever given a f*** about global warming). And of course the scene where us eccentric english are watching a game of Soccerball on the TV (manure of course), with the guy going "kick it ! KICK IT !" cos thats what we all shout when watching saaaacccurrrrr.

:rolleyes:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I enjoyed it... just make sure you don't analyse it as much as Mr 10 has, because there are lots of little annoyances throughout.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The most far fetched bit was near the end when the Americans all started heading south into Mexico...totally unbelievable.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Its toilet. Some of the worst cgi for the "wolves" I've ever seen, and the dad seems to walk from Washington to New York in a day. Across a snowcap.

It also irritated me the way all the world scientists were looking to the Americans to provide the answers (as though they've ever given a f*** about global warming). And of course the scene where us eccentric english are watching a game of Soccerball on the TV (manure of course), with the guy going "kick it ! KICK IT !" cos thats what we all shout when watching saaaacccurrrrr.

:rolleyes:

Jesus, relax, it's just a film meant to entertain, as Trufflehound said :-

" It's far-fetched but thoroughly enjoyable shit. Disengage brain, grab a beer and have fun. "

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The most far fetched bit was near the end when the Americans all started heading south into Mexico...totally unbelievable.

I think that was meant to be a slyly ironic dig at the US immigration policy towards Mexicans.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think that was meant to be a slyly ironic dig at the US immigration policy towards Mexicans.

I think you may well be right, the fact that a natural disaster turned the tables around and Mexico all of a sudden became their greatest friend.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If you want a really far fetched film then check out Dreamcatcher, quite possibly the worst film I have ever paid to watch...I found myself laughing out loud at all the scary bits, along with most of the other people in the cinema.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jesus, relax, it's just a film meant to entertain, as Trufflehound said :-

" It's far-fetched but thoroughly enjoyable shit. Disengage brain, grab a beer and have fun. "

That film cost me £18. I was NAGGED into going to the cinema to watch it with the missus and kids, even though I knew it'd be cack. When an 11 year old starts picking holes in the plot, you've gotta start questioning it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here