Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Day After Tomorrow

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a solid 7.5 from me. ITs a decent disaster film with some decent effects for me like tthe tornadoes destroying LA. similar in vein to Independance Day , Godzilla, Twister etc, big screen , hayhem nonsense which are thoroughly enjoyable for a couple of hours.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A found it a better and more interesting film than I am Legend for instance which despite all the hype did not really deliver.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Find the biggest screen you can to watch it on:thumbsup:

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Bit off topic but can anyone remember a film on a few months ago. Gory, get bitten and become a zombi, lock themselves in a shopping precinct, escape, nick a coach, end up saved by military ??

Wouldn't mind watching it again as I was slighty inebriated at the time. US ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Typical American nonsense. Still good fun to watch.

Agree with the "I am legend" comment earlier, that is actually a fine book which inevitably turns to utter dross when Hollywooded...how can a tale of the last man left alive in a world of vampires be sooo booring.

Comes to something when 28 days later done for about 10 quid looks so much better than a Will Smith multi-million dollar effort.

The thing about all these blockbuster flicks is the assumption that the whole world needs the US of A to save it (Independance day, Deep Impact, Armageddon etc. etc.), Frankly when the shit hits the fan the last ones anyone can rely on will be that shower.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Bit off topic but can anyone remember a film on a few months ago. Gory, get bitten and become a zombi, lock themselves in a shopping precinct, escape, nick a coach, end up saved by military ??

Wouldn't mind watching it again as I was slighty inebriated at the time. US ?

Day of the dead.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Cheers, just looked it up and i think Dawn of the dead is the one I watched.

Is it worth watching or a pile of pony ?

Youre right, Dawn of the Dead it is.

Actually pretty good, nice touch of adding the bloke in the gunshop over the road and the mildly psychotic shopping mall security guard.

Nice ending too, although there wasnt any saving by the military in the one I watched...there was one in the 80's where I think that happened, and an even earlier one called "Night of the Living dead" where the protagonists are rescued by the militia.

Obviously the Police and army rescue the survivors in "Shaun of the dead"... God my head hurts.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost

Actually pretty good, nice touch of adding the bloke in the gunshop over the road and the mildly psychotic shopping mall security guard.

Nice ending too, although there wasnt any saving by the military in the one I watched...there was one in the 80's where I think that happened, and an even earlier one called "Night of the Living dead" where the protagonists are rescued by the militia.

Obviously the Police and army rescue the survivors in "Shaun of the dead"... God my head hurts.

Yeh thats the one with the gunshop owner.

Sunday eve flick sorted. Cheers BH :thumbsup:

One of the best starts to a film ever.
No complicated storyline setting out how the virus started.
Just straight into the blood and gore with a lipless little girl coming in while they sleep.
Great film - 8.5/10

Get hold of "REC" for a nice Spanish zombie flick.
Nice bird in there too. 8.5/10

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
4 good films if you have not seen them

Dog Soldiers
Stir of Echoes
Frailty
The Condemned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here