Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Dark Knight Rises

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oops, forgot the detonator.

Bane (or someone) gives a small speech about giving people hope, and how hope is the most dangerous thing. By allowing the bomb to decay rather than just setting it off (which they promised to do if anyone tried to escape or anyone tried to rescue them or interfere with the bomb etc) it gave people hope, hope a way out will be found, hope that things will get better, etc

The negative impact of hope being something that he would be familiar with due t his time in the pit, the hope that there's a rope and a wall climb to freedom, but an almost impossible escape giving them all false hope.

Not the most sensible tactic, but it is a typical comic book evil guy compulsion type of plan

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Oops, forgot the detonator.

Bane (or someone) gives a small speech about giving people hope, and how hope is the most dangerous thing. By allowing the bomb to decay rather than just setting it off (which they promised to do if anyone tried to escape or anyone tried to rescue them or interfere with the bomb etc) it gave people hope, hope a way out will be found, hope that things will get better, etc

The negative impact of hope being something that he would be familiar with due t his time in the pit, the hope that there's a rope and a wall climb to freedom, but an almost impossible escape giving them all false hope.

Not the most sensible tactic, but it is a typical comic book evil guy compulsion type of plan

Thanks. Didn't think about the hope idea of that prison applying to the bomb as well. As you say, it's the normal movie way of the baddies not killing the goodies the simple way when they have chance, and then it backfiring!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just back, really enjoyed it, I'm not going to add any more, as it's old news now.

But why the fook were there a couple of 6 (ish) aged kids there.
Surely if you need a booster seat, you shouldn't be at a 12A film.

Oh and am I right in thinking it was never released in 3D.
I got to thinking it wasn't at the end, when a couple of stunts didn't resort to stuff 'flying out of the screen'.

Just back, really enjoyed it, I'm not going to add any more, as it's old news now.

But why the fook were there a couple of 6 (ish) aged kids there.
Surely if you need a booster seat, you shouldn't be at a 12A film.

Oh and am I right in thinking it was never released in 3D.
I got to thinking it wasn't at the end, when a couple of stunts didn't resort to stuff 'flying out of the screen'.

Christopher Nolan has said in the past that 3D films are a fad (which I agree with). It was filmed with special IMAX cameras which increase the size and resolution.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought so.
The amount of vehicles and such like that exploded 'realistically' without obviously being forced 'through the screen', was pleasing.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Very disappointing film. Didn't like 2nd one either though first one was super. This had no depth, was just a series of loud noises, strung together with a massively overcomplicated delivery for such a simple plot. They missed a big trick to finish it off nicely. Tom Hardy was good though. They have also done something to his bat suit which makes his head look like a lollipop and a GOLD belt. Too camp. And introducing Robin at the end, which was easy to guess from the characters entramce earlier in the film was atrocious. Really, really disappointed.

Last edited:

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
Very disappointing film. Didn't like 2nd one either though first one was super. This had no depth, was just a series of loud noises, strung together with a massively overcomplicated delivery for such a simple plot. They missed a big trick to finish it off nicely. Tom Hardy was good though. They have also done something to his bat suit which makes his head look like a lollipop and a GOLD belt. Too camp. And introducing Robin at the end, which was easy to guess from the characters entramce earlier in the film was atrocious. Really, really disappointed.

Unfortunately I couldn't disagree with this more apart from Tom Hardy being good.
I thought the way that the story built up and the links with the last film were superb, the length was a concern as it felt like it was starting to drag but the way in which (SPOILER) Batman defeats Bane in a way in which was hard to see coming until a few minutes before was great. Bruce Wayne meeting Alfred at the end was great as well.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Unfortunately I couldn't disagree with this more apart from Tom Hardy being good.
I thought the way that the story built up and the links with the last film were superb, the length was a concern as it felt like it was starting to drag but the way in which (SPOILER) Batman defeats Bane in a way in which was hard to see coming until a few minutes before was great. Bruce Wayne meeting Alfred at the end was great as well.

Everything you've described is why I hated it but it's all subjective eh!

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
Everything you've described is why I hated it but it's all subjective eh!

Each to their own I suppose :shrug: :D
as the phrase goes "Theres no such thing as bad music, only opinions"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here