Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Dark Knight Rises

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I saw Amazing Spider-Man at the Imax in London and that was truly spectacular. Brilliant film. There's just something about Batman I don't like. I am looking forward to seeing the film, but I don't think it will be as good as Spider-Man is.

Don't get me wrong, I saw spiderman and the avengers film and thoroughly enjoyed them. But as ridiculous as it sounds I like Batman because it's more true to life and very dark. As surrey said They all have back stories and have all been hurt or touched by tragedy.They are all troubled and violent, there is a very fine line between Bruce waynes violent ways and the evil characters he pursues.
Anyway enough of this analysis of made up characters look at Anne Hathaway in a catsuit

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342547783.075525.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342547804.893494.jpg

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Don't get me wrong, I saw spiderman and the avengers film and thoroughly enjoyed them. But as ridiculous as it sounds I like Batman because it's more true to life and very dark. As surrey said They all have back stories and have all been hurt or touched by tragedy.They are all troubled and violent, there is a very fine line between Bruce waynes violent ways and the evil characters he pursues.
Anyway enough of this analysis of made up characters look at Anne Hathaway in a catsuit

View attachment 33286

View attachment 33287

Oh god. The mrs isn't getting a f***ing look in tonight. I'm going to be sat there wanking like a dirty chimp all night long now. Thanks for that :D

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well! Has anyone seen it yet? Because of family commitments I can't see it till late next week.
I need reviews and I need them NOW
Don't have too high of hopes, and you won't be disappointed. Nowhere near the level of The Dark Knight. Not a bad movie by any stretch, but it does drag its heels a bit. Bane is too hard to understand at times, and some of the writing was very lazy. Can't say much without giving anything away, but if you have heard the various rumours then .................................................................. Way too much Bruce Wayne xxxxx xxxxxxxx, far too little Batman. He only dons the suit twice in the entire film!
Batman Begins 9/10
Dark Knight 10/10 (as close to the perfect DC film as there can be)
Dark Knight Rises 6/10

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think this is spoilerish, but just in case, be warned.

Ok, let’s start off with the obvious, no joker, no big joker like villain, tom hardy was good as bane, but the character is not colourful enough to allow for a ledger like memorable performance. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman/selina kyle wasn’t as believably seductive as past catwomen, but was decent enough.

The film itself is very good. It continues in the same quality o the previous films, and while some things happen or are mentioned I thought “That’s going to be important in the end”, but come the end, I had pretty much forgotten them until they were just about to happen and then I realised.

I don’t think I was blown away by the bulk of the film as it was happening, but it drew together both the previous films, and used that to build well to what I thought was a strong ending.

I was a little disappointed by the design of the batcave. With the re-imaginings of the batmobile and the bat plane/copter I was looking forward to the new batcave, but it was very minimalist.

I would say it was a better film than avengers, but ‘the avengers’ was more fun.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Apologies for not spotting the review on your thread, so thanks for posting on here. As I said on here before, this one of my must see films of the year and although you covered a few disappointing aspects of the film it sounds decent enough, so I still look forward to seeing it with great anticipation. Not to give it away but were there some good twists at the end? Good finale to the trilogy?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Apologies for not spotting the review on your thread, so thanks for posting on here. As I said on here before, this one of my must see films of the year and although you covered a few disappointing aspects of the film it sounds decent enough, so I still look forward to seeing it with great anticipation. Not to give it away but were there some good twists at the end? Good finale to the trilogy?

I'm listening to the kermode podcast, he mentioned watching it with someone else, they both thought the ending was great. His friend felt like it made him question the rest of the film, kermode thought (and I thought the same thing after watching) that the end was good because of the rest of the film. It is a story that doesn't rush itself. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was slow, I but it didn't rush through the story it wanted to tell just because it's a superhero movie and it's been 5 minutes since we last saw the hero. So it allowed the characters to grow and the audience to attach to them and invest in their fates.

I don't really know how to answer whether there are twists other than what I said in my review ("while some things happen or are mentioned I thought “That’s going to be important in the end”, but come the end, I had pretty much forgotten them until they were just about to happen and then I realised.") I don't know if those things are, or are meant to be, twists; or just an evolution of the story that isn't necessarily signposted (I think "twist" is often used inappropriately when people didn't necessarily see the end coming).

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Just back from a packed showing at the Duke of Yorks.

First of all, this is a film best watched knowing as little as possible about what's in store so maybe don't read this if you're a big fan of these films.

First of all Dark Knight Rises, like most Nolan films, makes your head hurt at times keeping up and with and tying together all the plot twists and developments.
It's a far more complex film than Dark Knight which remains the best of the trilogy as it benefits from not being weighed down with the origin story of Batman Begins or the tying together and conclusions of Dark Knight Rises.

I won't go into too much more detail other than these observations:
1. Hardy is great as Bane but, as said above, his dialogue along with Bale as Batman and a times the mumbling Commissioner Gordon are hard to hear.
2. A lot of slightly cheesy one-liners.
3. Hathaway and the Catwoman character are very well used.
4. The score, the action scenes and the new Bat toys are fantastic.
5. The ending is good but I would have preferred something a little more ambiguous. It's perhaps a little to explained and rounded off for all the characters. It's certainly no Inception in the way it leaves you. I wonder how much the studio had to do with this especially one particular element involving a supporting character.
6. While it's not a graphically violent film, it's not one for the kids. They'd find it boring. There'a a lot more Bruce Wayne than Batman.

In all an 8.5/10

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Just back from a packed showing at the Duke of Yorks.

First of all, this is a film best watched knowing as little as possible about what's in store so maybe don't read this if you're a big fan of these films.

First of all Dark Knight Rises, like most Nolan films, makes your head hurt at times keeping up and with and tying together all the plot twists and developments.
It's a far more complex film than Dark Knight which remains the best of the trilogy as it benefits from not being weighed down with the origin story of Batman Begins or the tying together and conclusions of Dark Knight Rises.

I won't go into too much more detail other than these observations:
1. Hardy is great as Bane but, as said above, his dialogue along with Bale as Batman and a times the mumbling Commissioner Gordon are hard to hear.
2. A lot of slightly cheesy one-liners.
3. Hathaway and the Catwoman character are very well used.
4. The score, the action scenes and the new Bat toys are fantastic.
5. The ending is good but I would have preferred something a little more ambiguous. It's perhaps a little to explained and rounded off for all the characters. It's certainly no Inception in the way it leaves you. I wonder how much the studio had to do with this especially one particular element involving a supporting character.
6. While it's not a graphically violent film, it's not one for the kids. They'd find it boring. There'a a lot more Bruce Wayne than Batman.

In all an 8.5/10

Lovely, thanks for that. The surprise is that you and a few other reviewers I've read have said that Bane is still hard to understand even after they improved the audio after test screening audiences complained they couldn't hear him properly.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Lovely, thanks for that. The surprise is that you and a few other reviewers I've read have said that Bane is still hard to understand even after they improved the audio after test screening audiences complained they couldn't hear him properly.

I would say Gordon is actually worse!

Bane is certainly easier to hear than in that first trailer. The dub is obvious and he sounds like a cross between Darth Vader and Brian Blessed.

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
I enjoyed it but found bane a terrible villain to have to complete the trilogy, why not save the joker till last,
He's batmans arch enemy for crying out loud, also ha trouble understanding bane like others have said.

Personally I enjoyed the dark knight more simply because I love the insanity of the joker as a character and find him potentially the best comic book villain ever. Anne Hathaway was quality eye candy for the film and looked amazing.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'm desperate to see this.

My brother text me on Wednesday 'when are you going to see the Dark Knight Rises?

Me: 'as soon as possible. You?'

Him: 'Tonight, at the premiere'

Basterd!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Going to the 11.30pm showing at the IMAX in Manchester tomorrow, as all the rest are sold out. Are there any girl on girl scenes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here