Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Cutty Sark

Jul 20, 2003
and it was in the middle of a £100 MILLION restoration or something f***ing stupid like that

and there's another one in Ayershire

and it's only a few bits of wood and metal

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Seagull Stew said:
Looking at the remains on TV this morning any restoration would mearly make it a replication of the original ship with a few original parts!

Only saving grace being that as it was in the middle of being restored a fair amount of the decking was apparently off site.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
JJ McClure said:
more likely to restored with lottery money than out of the NHS budget I'd have thought.
The point I was trying to make was that every time money, regardless of its source, is spent on something 'frivolous' (Wembley Stadium for example) someone always says it would be better spent on something 'worthy': "Why spend millions of pounds building yet another football ground when we need more hospitals?"

We don't all lead (or want to lead) the joyless existence espoused by the 'liverpool one'.

Brovian said:
The point I was trying to make was that every time money, regardless of its source, is spent on something 'frivolous' (Wembley Stadium for example) someone always says it would be better spent on something 'worthy': "Why spend millions of pounds building yet another football ground when we need more hospitals?"

We don't all lead (or want to lead) the joyless existence espoused by the 'liverpool one'.

To be fair, he does live in Liverpool (I assume). He has no choice apart from joyless, oh and self pity of course.

And robbing.

liverpool_one

Feb 12, 2004
Liverpool, United Kingdom
joyless existence i have a very happy existence good job nice home beautifull partner. just dont see the point in wasting millions of pounds on something that is as good as gone. the money could be put to alot better uses.

liverpool_one

Feb 12, 2004
To be fair, he does live in Liverpool (I assume). He has no choice apart from joyless, oh and self pity of course.

And robbing.

very educated reply i was born and bred in brighton like most of you but given the choice i would choose liverpool over brighton any day of the week. great city brilliant people and everone is willing to give you the time of day no matter where you are from yet down south most people dont give a toss about anyone as long as they are ok.

still love the albion though

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
liverpool_one said:

very educated reply i was born and bred in brighton like most of you but given the choice i would choose liverpool over brighton any day of the week. great city brilliant people and everone is willing to give you the time of day no matter where you are from yet down south most people dont give a toss about anyone as long as they are ok.

still love the albion though

Nice to see a southerner rather than a northerner perpetuating that tired cliche.

liverpool_one said:
yeah great lets restore it we cant give life saving drugs to cancer sufferers but as long as we can save an old piece of wood then we should all be happy.
The point about not dying is that people who don't die can enjoy the marvellous things that life has to offer.

Visiting the Cutty Sark has always been one of those marvels.

liverpool_one

Feb 12, 2004
still amazes me that alot of people jump to the conclusion that if you come from liverpool or live in liverpool that you must be a robber or you are always feeling sorry for yourself yet most of these people have never been to liverpool for any amount of time cos if they had they would not have this view.
ok liverpool has its problems but no worst than any other city in the uk.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
liverpool_one said:

Can you back this up with some figures? I'm sure there are cities less worst.

liverpool_one said:
still amazes me that alot of people jump to the conclusion that if you come from liverpool or live in liverpool that you must be a robber or you are always feeling sorry for yourself yet most of these people have never been to liverpool for any amount of time cos if they had they would not have this view.

It still amazes me that people make the automatic assumption that people who comment from outside Liverpool have never been there, spent any serious time there, know any scousers or anyone else that has spent any serious time in Liverpool.

Stick to the hand wringing mate. You've obviously got that down to a fine art.

And of course if that fails there's always hubcaps. La'.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
liverpool_one said:
just dont see the point in wasting millions of pounds on something that is as good as gone. the money could be put to alot better uses.

Like the grants we will get to build Falmer ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Considering tourism generates LARGE sums of money for Britain it would be churlish to say "Sod it! Let's not bother spending any more money on these things."

Liverpool One - How would you propose to make up for this loss of income? Higher taxes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here