Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The cost of the stadium appeal

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
hans kraay fan club said:
We can use it to sign a new C-F. Perhaps Norman Baker would like to sponsor his kit?

I think we should be looking at sponsorship and amenity naming now.

The Bellotti block for the West Stand toilets?
The Baker end for the dustbin enclosure behind the North Stand?
The Archer Accounts Office?

Who else can we commemorate for eternity to show them the error of their ways?

I will still stump up for the toilet training aids of Bellotti once the stadium is built. A specially made picture of Bellotti to be placed in the bottom of each toilet and urinal to help supporters aim properly.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
This is a very clever piece of publicity from the Albion. From our point of view it doesn't change anything whatsoever. We were fully expecting a JR and the costs involved. What it has done is force the issue back into public view. Very effectively in my opinion.
Whether or not it will change anything I don't know although with the stubborn attitude of LDC so far I doubt it. Hopefully what it will do is start to get a few residents that weren't too bothered before a bit worried about where all their tax money is being spent.
Keep it up :clap:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
I have a sneaking feeling that Lewes DC have cocked up bigtime by serving the Court papers on the Club, when they could have confined their target to the ODPM.

Quite. To look at it from another planning angle - you apply for planning permission to build an extension to your house. Your neighbour objects. (Fair enough). The planning dept decides in your favor, so your neighbour in a fit of pique sues the Planning Dept and also sues you for apparently daring to apply in the first place!

How can that be right?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why can't the Albion claim damages in addition to legal costs? LDC's actions-so far-has cost the club an unquantifiable amount of income plus all of the incurred legal costs during the P.I. Some of these people must be made to suffer financially in the same way the Albion has.

They make my blood boil every time the Falmer issue comes up:angry: :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Curious Orange said:
So what time is this council meeting today?

And when can we expect to the first reports of how certain councillors have been made to squirm?

Or when certain councillors have remained totally silent throughout the meeting despite being the chief protagonist.:angry:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
adrian29uk said:
How will Council tax payers feel when LDC have to give us £90,000 because of their stupidity.

That's just it! Council tax payers don't want it but LDC don't give a stuff, it's not their money!!

Jeeze this is like Bleak House! Millions of pounds being wasted in legal fees! Nobody wins!
:angry: :angry:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Buzza said:
That's just it! Council tax payers don't want it but LDC don't give a stuff, it's not their money!!

Jeeze this is like Bleak House! Millions of pounds being wasted in legal fees! Nobody wins!
:angry: :angry:

There's a solicitor sitting somewhere who would disagree with you!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I'm having issues with the maths here....

It's gonna cost £65,000 to protect the land, or £90,000 from just one party to get our stadium built.

Are LDC using an abacus with a few balls missing?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Woodchip said:
Are LDC using an abacus with a few balls missing?
They won't be able to use the abacus for much longer because there's so many screws loose.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Complete and utter wankers :censored:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
HampshireSeagulls said:
There's a solicitor sitting somewhere who would disagree with you!

Good point! I should have said "No normal human wins!"

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Gilliver's Travels said:
And is the lovely Ann de Vecchi expected to turn up? And if she does, will she deign to open her mouth on the matter this time? Or will she leave it to that Commin person, as before?

Nah - he doesn't know if he's Commin' or Goin'. Hopefully Cruella de Vecchi will leave the statements to her boyfriend - he likes confrontations with reporters!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Lord Bracknell said:
That's a good question.

There are two ways to get this process abandoned.

The first is for the LDC Cabinet to change their mind. I have no hopes of that happening.

The second is for LDC's Scrutiny Committee to call the decision in.

I was not at all confident of that happening, until I received the following e-mail from Lewes DC's Scrutiny Secretary:-

... Thank you for your email to the Scrutiny Committee councillors suggesting that they consider reviewing the recent Cabinet decision on the Falmer issue.

The Committee members have agreed to discuss the matter and decide what action to take as soon as possible after the Chair of the Scrutiny Committee returns from leave on 13 January. I will of course keep you informed of whatever decision is reached...

Some councillors at least seem to be contemplating having second thoughts.

I like the sound of that but who are the Scrutiny Committee?

Different Councillors?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Pardon my suspicions here, but it seems strange that the club is saying the costs will be 90K, while Brighton council, also co-defendants, will be "up to 5K". Seems to me the club are over exaggerating the costs for 2 reasons: 1. To scare LDC residents and 2. As an excuse for limited or no further signings in the transfer window. Point 1 is OK, point 2 is not. Time will tell.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Miami Seagull said:
Pardon my suspicions here, but it seems strange that the club is saying the costs will be 90K, while Brighton council, also co-defendants, will be "up to 5K". Seems to me the club are over exaggerating the costs

Would have thought that Brighton Council will be using their own in-house legal team (the formidable Miss McPherson?) while the Albion will presumably be bringing in the legal eagles from the Enquiry, Mr Clay & The Lovely Megan - who I don't believe are employed directly by the Albion and therefore will cost considerably more. Might be wrong tho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here