Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Captain Tom's donations seem to have taken on a life of their own and surge onward - £21m currently if you factor in the gift aid.

Meanwhile a wee Scottish Grannie is emerging to perhaps rival his stunning effort.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52319318

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Matt Hancock's working from home office artwork bless :lol:

20200417_104035.jpg

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Is the a record for a sponsored walk. I only used to raise about a fiver 50 years ago when I was a nipper.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
only 24 patients at nightgale london;
st thomas's itu ward 3/4 full and numbers falling as recover. been falling all week
source- my mate itu consultant

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
My local hospital on the Upper East side, Lenox Hill Hospital, blasts out "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles on the hospital PA system every time a recovered patient is wheeled out onto the street. I saw this on the BBC America news tonight with all the hospital staff cheering and it's incredibly moving

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
only 24 patients at nightgale london;
st thomas's itu ward 3/4 full and numbers falling as recover. been falling all week
source- my mate itu consultant

Funny how the press don’t report these figures though !
A certain amount of the press playing the public into hearing the news that they want us to hear to suit their agenda!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Posted in the main thread but also relevant here, COVID hospital occupancy down by 5% in 24 hours.

View attachment 122415

I’m watching the press conference.....the ‘breaking’ ticker is simply repeating the death number. The declining numbers of people in hospital with Covid (now clearly a trend, and becoming quite steep) should also be highlighted........

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I’m watching the press conference.....the ‘breaking’ ticker is simply repeating the death number. The declining numbers of people in hospital with Covid (now clearly a trend, and becoming quite steep) should also be highlighted........

Indeed, the vast improvements in the hotspots of London, Midlands and North West looks promising and will lead to a fall in fatality numbers soon hopefully, especially with the time lag on the reporting of some cases.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

They won’t report that as its good news, they don’t want you to hear positives !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here