Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's obviously good news as a variant taking off in China would be quite bad news TBH

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You've lost me chum

well ..the place where it all started has 181 current active cases whereas a sub continent on the other side of the globe is still riven and struggling with it ...to put it mildly , if you don't find that dynamic rather odd then yes, we are lost to each other . i wonder when china will offer some financial assistance ........??????

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION] - why not use an appropriate Covid thread (there's an entire subforum) for this?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Numbers update....all good, note in particular deaths which continues to fall at the fastest rate of all metrics, the new high daily number of 2nd jabs (and good overall number yesterday given this week is supposed to be a 'lull' with short supplies), and the continuing steady decline in people in hospital (peak was c40,000)

Infections - 6,753, rolling 7 day down 13.8% (again bear in mind the number of tests has increased massively - 1.5m per day)
Deaths - 181, rolling 7 day down 35.9%
Admissions - 532, rolling 7 day down 27.1%
Vaccinations - 243k 1st and 97k 2nd (highest so far) - cumulative 23.05m and 1.35m
People in hospital - 8,977

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Only 4 cases in ICU in western trust (Worthing & Chichester)
22 cases in total

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION] - why not use an appropriate Covid thread (there's an entire subforum) for this?

He won't be using this one for a while.

Again, please, for one thread at least let's keep on topic guys and girls.

D

Deleted member 2719

Numbers update....all good, note in particular deaths which continues to fall at the fastest rate of all metrics, the new high daily number of 2nd jabs (and good overall number yesterday given this week is supposed to be a 'lull' with short supplies), and the continuing steady decline in people in hospital (peak was c40,000)

Infections - 6,753, rolling 7 day down 13.8% (again bear in mind the number of tests has increased massively - 1.5m per day)
Deaths - 181, rolling 7 day down 35.9%
Admissions - 532, rolling 7 day down 27.1%
Vaccinations - 243k 1st and 97k 2nd (highest so far) - cumulative 23.05m and 1.35m Please note this Includes Mouldys :rave:
People in hospital - 8,977

I hope you don't mind me just adding a bit more detail in bold for those who like to dive deep into the ANALytics. :)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just booked mine for Saturday morning! :)
Well I suppose I had that coming. Had the good part of being an overweight 50 year old. Went to Tesco to get a celebratory drink, stopped to let someone go, went to move forward and heard (and felt) a twang in my back. Ying and Yang right there! :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here