Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Over 40 million people have now been vaccinated worldwide, in protection from a virus that was only discovered just over a year ago. Spectacular work.

That means every 190th person around the world has been vaccinated. Long way to go, but it's only speeding up from here.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s surprising to hear the very apparent shift towards more positivity from those in government, until recently barely a positive word was said and last week or so there has been several positive comments from Hancock, Vallance, Raab and even the vaccine minister.

The day we get Doctor Doom Whitty on board with a positive comment is the day we are truly on our way back to normality. :lolol:

saulth

May 28, 2020
Over 40 million people have now been vaccinated worldwide, in protection from a virus that was only discovered just over a year ago. Spectacular work.

That means every 190th person around the world has been vaccinated. Long way to go, but it's only speeding up from here.

Gives me goosebumps, literally.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is fantastic news, the government can only be commended for their efficient handling so far of the vaccination program.

Credit where credit's due. The speed and the scope of the vaccine rollout thus far has been superb. A masterclass in logistics and organisational skills. Genuinely impressed :clap2:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
At 10.30 received a text inviting me to book my jab. Booked for Wednesday at 10.20am.

Interesting .. I heard Seaford was in something of a vaccine 'black hole'. Are you in the 80+ group? Also (advance warning assuming I can get back) did you get offered the date/time or did you need to call and book?

Cheers and good luck Wednesday

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Credit where credit's due. The speed and the scope of the vaccine rollout thus far has been superb. A masterclass in logistics and organisational skills :clap2:

Military organisation is key to all this being a resounding success.

I see the BBC #scummedia are struggling to hide their disappointment with the UKs vaccination success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Interesting .. I heard Seaford was in something of a vaccine 'black hole'. Are you in the 80+ group? Also (advance warning assuming I can get back) did you get offered the date/time or did you need to call and book?

Cheers and good luck Wednesday

I'm nearly 80. Procedure was text invite, tap link for booking you then choose date and time from list. .Text confirmation of appointment.. There is a phone number as well. Hope you get a text soon.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm nearly 80. Procedure was text invite, tap link for booking you then choose date and time from list. .Text confirmation of appointment.. There is a phone number as well. Hope you get a text soon.

Thanks ... that's interesting, thank you. Nearly 80, hopefully then they are taking your year of birth as it would move Mrs Rat from group 7 to group 5. First thing we have to get back and then we'd be looking sometime towards end of next month.

Thanks again, useful information

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
C093679A-FAA6-4210-B3A7-A28778D9BA32.jpeg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thanks ... that's interesting, thank you. Nearly 80, hopefully then they are taking your year of birth as it would move Mrs Rat from group 7 to group 5. First thing we have to get back and then we'd be looking sometime towards end of next month.

Can I ask how she feels about being called Mrs Rat?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

Mrs Oldman who is a mere youngster at 77 has just received her text invite. Being jabbed on Thursday.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Apparently Scotland have now vaccinated "very close to everyone" in care homes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Targets for Scotland:
By start of February: All priority groups one and two - that's residents in a care home for older adults and their carers; all those over 80 years of age; and frontline health and social care workers.
By middle of February: Priority groups three and four - that's people aged over 75 and then those aged over 70.
By beginning of March: Priority group five - that's people aged over 65.
By early May: priority groups six to nine - that's people aged over 50.

You'd have to think our plan will be similar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here