Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So that would be 1 in 13 people who we aim to have vaccinated. Excellent.

Over 50% of people over 80, which is especially important when nearly 80% of deaths are amongst that age group, it should have a massive impact on mortality through February you would think.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Positive feedback from my dad who had his jab in Haywards Heath yesterday, said it was really well organised and he felt very safe with all the measures in place.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
More good news, infection rate in Brighton and hove looks like it’s falling at a similar rate to the national rate. D85D67B3-030E-40EE-A755-3BA1A3474DA7.png

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
[TWEET]1350891672608108546[/TWEET]

That’s a very powerful chart. Week-on-week, a fourfold increase in serious cases for 40-55 year olds is contrasted by a 50% reduction in the over sixties category. This is what the beginning of the end looks like.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
That’s a very powerful chart. Week-on-week, a fourfold increase in serious cases for 40-55 year olds is contrasted by a 50% reduction in the over sixties category. This is what the beginning of the end looks like.

All eyes very much on Israel and seeing if this pattern continues as they cycle through the agebands

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
All eyes very much on Israel and seeing if this pattern continues as they cycle through the agebands

Israel has now vaccinated almost 30% of its population. Meanwhile, we are approaching the 7% mark and in percentage terms are way ahead of any other western nation (France somehow still floundering at just over half a percent).

Not quite ‘world bearing’, but bloody good nonetheless.

covid-vaccination-doses-per-capita.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Israel has now vaccinated almost 30% of its population. Meanwhile, we are approaching the 7% mark and in percentage terms are way ahead of any other western nation (France somehow still floundering at just over half a percent).

View attachment 132608

View attachment 132608

To put in even greater perspective, only the US and China have vaccinated more than us and we’ve vaccinated almost double that of Israel. Given relative population sizes of the top countries, we’re doing brilliantly.

c558832a4d2c66399c58921d0c12109e.jpg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
People in England aged 70 and over, as well as those listed as clinically extremely vulnerable, will begin receiving offers of a coronavirus vaccine this week.

From the bbc website

This is fantastic news, the government can only be commended for their efficient handling so far of the vaccination program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
[TWEET]1350891672608108546[/TWEET]

It took me a while to realise that this is good news as at first I failed to see that it was as a percentage of serious cases, not the number of serious cases.

That's quite a dramatic drop off.

People in England aged 70 and over, as well as those listed as clinically extremely vulnerable, will begin receiving offers of a coronavirus vaccine this week.

From the bbc website

If that's all over 70's getting an invitation to vaccinate then that's my parents expecting a letter in the next couple of days.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It took me a while to realise that this is good news as at first I failed to see that it was as a percentage of serious cases, not the number of serious cases.

That's quite a dramatic drop off.

If that's all over 70's getting an invitation to vaccinate then that's my parents expecting a letter in the next couple of days.

More than likely a telephone call [emoji106]

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
This is fantastic news, the government can only be commended for their efficient handling so far of the vaccination program.

I think very sensibly delegating the logistics to the Army is the reason for the ongoing success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

From the bbc website

My dear Dad (of this parish) had his vaccination two weeks ago. Don't know if his doctors' just had an excess or something?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Data from Israel giving hope about plans to reopen country, says minister
The drop in mortality rates in Israel - which is leading the vaccine race - is setting a path for restrictions to be lifted in the UK, vaccines minister Nadhim Zahawi has suggested.

The small country—whose roughly nine million population is less than that of Greater London —has vaccinated around 20 per cent of the population, including more than 72 per cent of over-60s. While there was little difference between those who had been vaccinated and those who hadn't in the first 14 days, data shows a 33 per cent fall in infection rates thereafter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here