Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are so many comparative newbies, once this is over we should arrange another NSC MEAT up

I was very close to posting about some possible real-life meet-ups.

My broad thought was a series of themed events, eg gin tasting, beer tasting and the like with the aim of boosting the community vibe through meeting people but also raising some money for the REMF etc.

I'll re-visit these thoughts when we're allowed out to play again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

My broad thought was a series of themed events, eg gin tasting, beer tasting and the like with the aim of boosting the community vibe through meeting people but also raising some money for the REMF etc.

I hope HWT and Simmo will come along and meet the many people they have on ignore. Kiss and make up sort of thing :thumbsup:

Then again, maybe not as it could get “interesting”

Being serious, it sounds like a good idea for those of us who spend (in my case too much) time on here but don’t actually know posters in real life.

We are all rowing the same boat.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
WOW words fail me.

An Italian priest died of coronavirus after giving a respirator that his parishioners bought for him to a younger patient, it has been revealed.

Giuseppe Berardelli, 72, from Casigno in Italy's hardest-hit Lombardy region, died in a local hospital in recent days after being diagnosed with the virus.

Berardelli had been given a respirator - which are in desperately short supply - by parishioners concerned about his health but decided to give it to a younger patient who he didn't know but was struggling to breathe because of the virus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Stumpy Tim

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for this. A couple of days ago there were loads of posts about how we´re exactly two weeks behind Italy - suddenly there is a clear divergence where we´re now 150 dead people lower than where Italy were 2 weeks ago, and people seem to have forgotten to post about that.
I think, if they are like me, a few more days need to pass before we can accept it is a trend. Don't get me wrong it is encouraging and the past two days I've drawn strength from the figures, but nevertheless I will remain cautious at this moment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thanks for this. A couple of days ago there were loads of posts about how we´re exactly two weeks behind Italy - suddenly there is a clear divergence where we´re now 150 dead people lower than where Italy were 2 weeks ago, and people seem to have forgotten to post about that.

I think it still feels odd to a lot of people to celebrate anything relating to death tolls.

However, early days but the signs for us having a potentially lower trajectory are good at the moment. We’ll see.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I don't think anyone has forgotten - it has been 2 days of better outcome, more a case of holding our breath, and waiting to see. And praying it doesn't snap back to trend today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope HWT and Simmo will come along and meet the many people they have on ignore. Kiss and make up sort of thing :thumbsup:

Then again, maybe not as it could get “interesting”

Being serious, it sounds like a good idea for those of us who spend (in my case too much) time on here but don’t actually know posters in real life.

We are all rowing the same boat.

There are lots of folk on NSC I met before I joined NSC (at the Cricketers in Gillingham, via the old mailing list, at work and, ahem, when we were at school) but only 2 or 3 I have met via NSC.

To be fair neither [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] nor I have many people on ignore (couple of dozen in my case, including several who have NSC permanent bans now) and the majority of them appear to lack empathy and community spirit and wouldn't be seen dead hob-nobbing with the likes of me :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

There is also the 22 (?) year anniversary of the 5 hour session we had with [MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] that I was going to convene and never got around to convening due to events (dear boy). Where the only topic of conversation was The Albion. Emotional. Fact.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
WOW words fail me.

An Italian priest died of coronavirus after giving a respirator that his parishioners bought for him to a younger patient, it has been revealed.

Giuseppe Berardelli, 72, from Casigno in Italy's hardest-hit Lombardy region, died in a local hospital in recent days after being diagnosed with the virus.

Berardelli had been given a respirator - which are in desperately short supply - by parishioners concerned about his health but decided to give it to a younger patient who he didn't know but was struggling to breathe because of the virus.
He'll never preach a more meaningful sermon.

'Greater love has no man that he lay down his life for his friends'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***sound on***

[tweet]1242464849369559047[/tweet]

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
In response to the UK's call for retired medics to return to the NHS, Mr Hancock says more than 11,500 have come forward, including 2,660 doctors and 6,147 nurses.

He adds that more than 18,000 medical students will also join the NHS workforce.

Great news, take a bow everyone, am all wobbly lipped that people aware of the dangers stand up to be counted.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Included in the list of nurses is our own MP...... Maria Caulfield:bowdown: returning to frontline nursing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also Matt Hancock confirmed that 3.5million test kits would be “coming online very soon”.

How do we suppose these will be distributed?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Today I learned how to make a ringtone from my iPhone music, which would not have happened had I been at work being a DULLARD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here