Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gov planning to launch "Seat Out to Help Out" scheme in October/November to enable theatres/sports stadiums to open at much higher capacities, based on mass testing.

We'll see how well it works but it sounds promising.

Can't wait to see what else they can find to rhyme with "Eat Out To Help Out" to support industries as we go on. "Beat Out To Help Out" to support strip clubs coming this December?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's a small study but the results are pretty conclusive.

New Study: Vitamin D reduces risk of ICU admission by 97%

9/7/2020

A recent study has suggested that Vitamin D reduces risk of ICU admissions by 97%.

The trial only involved 76 people, but it revealed that only 1 out of 50 (2%) people who took Calcifediol (vit D) required ICU admission in comparison to 13 out of 26 (50%) who did not take it.

Detailed link here - ​covid.us.org/2020/09/03/new-study-vitamin-d-reduces-risk-of-icu-admission-97/

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't wait to see what else they can find to rhyme with "Eat Out To Help Out" to support industries as we go on. "Beat Out To Help Out" to support strip clubs coming this December?

Yes - that name clearly took all of 15 seconds to come up with.

The person who suggested probably meant it as a throwaway joke, but then went quiet when they all started nodding and going "yeah, that's good!"

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Tories are almost uniformly sexless though. It's hard to imagine it going through their heads. And who would have explained it to them? Can't imagine Cummings eating out - it'd be missionary, cruel and quick.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

Cash out to Lose Out to help hard pressed bookies...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Tories are almost uniformly sexless though. It's hard to imagine it going through their heads. And who would have explained it to them? Can't imagine Cummings eating out - it'd be missionary, cruel and quick.

You obviously haven't met the right Tory girls during your life, Mr.Banana.:D

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You obviously haven't met the right Tory girls during your life, Mr.Banana.:D

And neither of you appear to have read the ****ing thread title

*sigh*

One thread. We only asked for one thread,,,,,,,

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It's a small study but the results are pretty conclusive.

Detailed link here - ​covid.us.org/2020/09/03/new-study-vitamin-d-reduces-risk-of-icu-admission-97/

You’ll be asked for your qualifications posting stuff like that on here :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You’ll be asked for your qualifications posting stuff like that on here :wink:

Here's the OP on this thread.

Please post positive news relating to Coronavirus in this thread

For each post, include a link to somewhere that, in your opinion, appears to be a legitimate source, along with a short precis or quote relating to the news.

So, yes, that's the whole idea. He's quoted his source and thinks it's legit. Unless you have good news to add from a legitimate source I'd suggest you just read rather than commenting.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Interesting perspective that things aren't as bad as often reported. Long but worth a read

https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/

Infection rates up but mortality rates down seems a concept too far for mainstream Media.

When it all gets reviewed in years to come I reckon it will show that (in the UK at least but probably in Europe as well) COVID-19 has already taken its toll of the people most likely to die from it.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Received a shift confirmation today for route support for a mass participation event for up to 1200 participants at the end of September in Chilterns

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
And neither of you appear to have read the ****ing thread title

*sigh*

One thread. We only asked for one thread,,,,,,,

Christ, you can be a stroppy so and so, Guinness Boy.
I can only assume you are a very unhappy individual.
Things veer off now and again, but don't need the kind of response you have given to Mr.Banana and myself. We were hardly in danger of starting off a binfest and I haven't got 'form'.
Anyway, just delete our posts. Job done.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here