Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
The 114 are the number of deaths reported across the whole of the UK in all settings.

The 16 reported in [MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] post are for NHS England only, so basically people who have died in a hospital in England after testing positive for Covid-19. Because there is sometimes a delay in reporting deaths it means that those 16 people died on 5 different dates, the earliest date of death of the 16 was June 20th.
Thank you :lolol:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Wow if this is accurate it does make you wonder how many people across the UK who unfortunately lost their lives were recorded COVID death and perhaps died for other reasons?

Isn't this why people have been looking at excess deaths, which at the last count was 65,000 above the 5 year average.

Now they won't ALL have died of Covid-19, but a huge percentage will have, which masks the government's 40k+ figure

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Daily death reporting is officially SUSPENDED from today until this death counting issue is resolved.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
An old friend of mine was recorded as dying with Covid, but he didn't even have it, but the care home still wanted to put Covid as the cause, his daughter said he did not have it, it was a sudden death, probably a stroke, as he had had eight previous ones. Seems very wrong I am not sure we will ever know the real amount as private care homes seem to have a rule of their own.

I wonder if this is some sort of fiddle so that the death isn't investigated? Instead they just wrap him up in plastic, put him in a box and straight to the crem?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It's quite weird isn't it. We seem to have gone full circle. A few months ago people were saying that deaths were being recorded as Covid to make things appear worse, and to a man those people were shot down in flames as conspiracy theorists. Now it appears the opposite, the conspiracy theorists are now the mainstream opinion!

Funny ol' world...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The 114 are the number of deaths reported across the whole of the UK in all settings.

The 16 reported in [MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] post are for NHS England only, so basically people who have died in a hospital in England after testing positive for Covid-19. Because there is sometimes a delay in reporting deaths it means that those 16 people died on 5 different dates, the earliest date of death of the 16 was June 20th.

What he said

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That way of counting deaths could mean we would NEVER see a zero deaths day, and end up with an endless tail from the "1st" wave. It's ludicrous.

Unheard TV lockdown on YouTube with Prof Carl Heneghan is worth a look ..talks about what the implications are re the latest announcement over figures ..well worth a watch/listen

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unheard TV lockdown on YouTube with Prof Carl Heneghan is worth a look ..talks about what the implications are re the latest announcement over figures ..well worth a watch/listen

Yeah had bookmarked that to watch, will do cheers.

Meanwhile, about 3 months late but hey;

[TWEET]1284378609013207040[/TWEET]

#sikorawasright (again again)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah had bookmarked that to watch, will do cheers.

Meanwhile, about 3 months late but hey;

[TWEET]1284378609013207040[/TWEET]

#sikorawasright (again again)

The one released today featuring him and another geezer that he’s been working with is also well worth a watch .. interesting discussion on masks right at the beginning..all of it worth a watch ..I find the guy who hosts unherd is one of the best interviewers covering this virus ..seems to ask all the relevant questions!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ireland now has only 10 cases in hospitals across the country.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
COVID-19 antibody test passes first major trials in UK with 98.6% accuracy
7/18/2020

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-testing/covid-19-antibody-test-passes-first-major-trials-in-uk-with-98-6-accuracy-telegraph-idUSKCN24J005

British ministers are making plans to distribute millions of free coronavirus antibody tests after a version backed by the UK government passed its first major trials, the Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on Friday.

The fingerprick tests, which can tell within 20 minutes if a person has ever been exposed to the coronavirus, were found to be 98.6% accurate in secret human trials held in June, the newspaper reported. It added the test was developed by the UK Rapid Test Consortium (UK-RTC), a partnership between Oxford University and leading UK diagnostics firms.

Britain’s only antibody tests approved thus far have involved blood samples being sent to laboratories for analysis, which can take days, The Telegraph said.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Is it safe to say people are now bored of Covid and are just happy to get on with their lives, as best as they can... No-one has posted in the Covid sub forum since yesterday...

Last edited:

saulth

May 28, 2020
We’ll keep posting here.. don’t know about the sub forum as I haven’t bothered to look there for a while

Same here!

Good news from abroad: first day without deaths in Lombardy. The way Italy report their figures there's no 'weekend effect' so this is truly another milestone. Only 33 positives (of which 13 are antibodies tests and another 15 are reported as 'weakly positive' - I guess this refers to the very low viral load some Italian doctors have been mentioning recently). That's also a very low number.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
9 Uk hospital deaths, 27 all setting deaths, 726 new cases.....slightly up, but targeted testing in uk hotspots will account for the rise.
Reports of door to door testing in Leicester and Blackburn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here