Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Conservative Party.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As opposed to Labour that spent, spent and spent to get us in this mess..........

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
As opposed to Labour that spent, spent and spent to get us in this mess..........

To fix the mess that the conservatives made by not spending enough, and the mess the conservatives made by letting anyone with money in the city do what they please?

I'm trying to work out what, exactly, Dave thinks he's brought back from his latest trip to Europe. A litre of malt whisky from the airport shop, maybe. But anything else?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We'll keep the red flag flying high :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Face facts lefties a minimum 10 years in the political wilderness coming up

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
We'll keep the red flag flying high :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Face facts lefties a minimum 10 years in the political wilderness coming up

Mostly because Labour are a pile of f***ing shit... It's a disgrace they're the "left" of british politics. Lib dems and greens aren't viable parties to vote for, mostly because the Lib Dems are liars and traitors and Lucas don't have any power at Westminster to shape policy.

I hate how the "centre" is now progressive... it's not. It's f***ing shit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I love you labour luvvies, you take the bait so easily

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
I guess there is no perfect answer to Thatcher selling off our industries, but was the country in a fit state to revolutionise or were we on the verge of bankruptcy at the time?

No actually,we had our last true(pre North Sea oil revenues)balance of trade surplus when fatcher took over,manufacturing decline and asset stripping became the new "Make it and sell it" and all the wealth from the north sea and flogging off the family silver,Gas-Telecoms-Water-TSB and all the rest got pissed up the wall on dole payments and imports.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Oh please change the record.

The Tories backed all of the last governments economic policies and were the most toothless opposition prior to when "Call me Dave" took over. They had the chance to really challenge the last government on their spending plans and yet they backed them to the hilt.

In fact, if you think that this country would be in a better position under the Tories, then you're in cloud cuckoo land and deluded.

This crisis was caused by a combination of bad economic policy by the government(backed by the Conservatives), a lacklustre regulation of the banking industry by the FSA and the amalgamation of the Eurozone.

By just blaming the last government is proof that you don't really understand what's going on in Europe where very different economies were lumped together tp create the Eurozone and those in southern Europe with different cultures were expected to follow the same economic guidelines to those in the more affluent areas of Scandinavia and northern Europe.

Jan 30, 2008
mostly because labour are a pile of f***ing shit... It's a disgrace they're the "left" of british politics. Lib dems and greens aren't viable parties to vote for, mostly because the lib dems are liars and traitors and lucas don't have any power at westminster to shape policy.

I hate how the "centre" is now progressive... It's not. It's f***ing shit.
you've just woken up then ................. Politics = lies and bullshit with a large dose of spin thrown in

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Really? If Clegg would grow a pair, he could bring the Government down. Not sure Cameron would get a majority if we went to the polls after last weeks stunt.

Clegg will never grow a pair. This is his chance to be in the limelight for five minutes. He knows that, at the end of this parliament, he is finished.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
People who stick to one party no matter what are deluded in my opinion. They both make mistakes, and have made some very bad mistakes for the country, but they have also done some good. People who say that the Conservatives or Labour are the only good party, and the other will always mess things up are deluded, and are living in some sort of fantasy. They are both as bad as each other.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
To fix the mess that the conservatives made by not spending enough, and the mess the conservatives made by letting anyone with money in the city do what they please?
An amazing comment considering the rich got richer under the last labour government, and what twat allowed the banks to regulate themselves, so the rich had no one to stop them....... mmmmm do remind us oh great one. I'll give you a clue, his name rhymes with Frown, and his party name rhymes with Saber.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here