Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The cock parade

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Personally I think the likes of Brett, bozza etc are involved solely to massage there own ego. I feel the organisers are very clique and I know many share this view. However despite this let's not forget that although a select few do this for the wrong reasons they have help raise significant funds for a very worthwhile cause and that's the Important thing. I've probably ruined any hopes I had of getting in next years REMF starting eleven but let's face it I would have never been selected ahead of the mendozas and lord bracknells of this world

To suggest that Brett is involved with REMF to massage his ego is pathetic, frankly. The guy does a ridiculous amount for charity and should be applauded as such. Bozza isn't, to my knowledge, involved in any capacity besides running this website (which raised a substantial sum), so why you're bringing him into things, I'm not sure.

I would also love to see Lord Bracknell playing football at the standard of the REMF game, and I assume that, having said all you have, you donated to the cause? Not trying to be holier-than-thou because I didn't this year what with being unsure if I'll be employed in 2 months time, but all the same it seems to me that if you want to have a go at those who give up their time to help others, you should at least be able to say you gave something yourself.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Personally I think the likes of Brett, bozza etc are involved solely to massage there own ego. I feel the organisers are very clique and I know many share this view. However despite this let's not forget that although a select few do this for the wrong reasons they have help raise significant funds for a very worthwhile cause and that's the Important thing. I've probably ruined any hopes I had of getting in next years REMF starting eleven but let's face it I would have never been selected ahead of the mendozas and lord bracknells of this world

Wow. I haven't seen any of the threads that spawned all of this but happened to be reading this one and came across this.
Don't know any of the people involved in REMF or what they have done but this is a pathetic attitude. Don't judge other people by your own standards

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Well done. No seriously well done. Brett in the last 2 years in particular has been responsible for co ordintaing around £ 10k of sponsorships in REMF 8 and REMF 9. Not raising £ 10k just himself but co ordinating it. Brett is an un assuming bloke, he is not a big time Charlie and everytime I post things praising him he actually tells me off as he doesn't like it. So to say he does it for his own ego is probably the most distasteful thing I have ever read on NSC. You are so wrong on this its unbelievable and I just hope the REMF can keep Brett onboard next year as I know he was pissed off even before reading something like this. Thankfully he is away this week end. And as for Ed playing for the REMF team :laugh: Marvellous

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Perhaps we should have an over 60's team next year, I'd play.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Some of the criticism (in a nutshell without quoting specific posts from the thousands on the various binfest threads) was that the team were just a bunch of mates who turned up to satisfy their ego rather than having the aim of the charity at heart. The team have been a huge part of the effort this year as has everyone else who has helped out in anyway or donated any money.

The players have done very well to largely keep their own counsel, if I was in their position I would be asking for an apology but as US pointed out the final figure raised is probably the best note to leave it on.

I'm glad that the night in general was a success, as clearly the most important thing is the money raised. Anyone questioning Mendoza's attitude needs the heds tested, it seems to me that he has put in an awful amount of work into the charity, and doesn't deserve those sorts of comments.

With regards to the 'clique' culture, I think as US has cited many times some sort of meeting should be held where everyone can air their views on how best to do things next year, rather than going round in circles on this messageboard.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Jesus Christ sense of humour failure me thinks. I'd have to be a complete moron if I genuinely held that view

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Infact I shall go one step further and apologise for my post it was said in jest but clearly back fired.Brett bozza and bracknell well done on your efforts.as a small jesture I will donate to this great cause.are you still taking donations and furthermore could i have the link for the site please. Regards

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There have been some very harsh comments made and not in jest so it was unwise to post it I would say as its a very sensitive issue. Anyway the thread is at the top, this stuff. Thanks for donating.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bozza definitely does it to boost his ego! It's what he gets off on!

If you ever meet him, he introduces himself as Bozza, the dark overlord of North Stand Chat......he literally has to fight the chicks off with a shitty stick!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shame that Richie and poidy wouldn't let it lie really.

Personally I think some of the criticism previously binfested over, was justified, but no absolutely *not* the intentions of the organisers. Brett pulled out some tremendous prizes from nowhere and no-one could argue that Gareth works very hard for the charity.

I know I was one of the people Richie is referring to (although I'm rarely on here at weekends anyway so I was always going to be "quiet"). I've tried to explain my position to those who PMd me and I can't be arsed to do it again, so I'm just going to leave it with a hearty congratulations to all those who did get involved for raising a lot of money. Well done all, including the players. :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shame that Richie and poidy wouldn't let it lie really.

Personally I think some of the criticism previously binfested over, was justified, but no absolutely *not* the intentions of the organisers. Brett pulled out some tremendous prizes from nowhere and no-one could argue that Gareth works very hard for the charity.

I know I was one of the people Richie is referring to (although I'm rarely on here at weekends anyway so I was always going to be "quiet"). I've tried to explain my position to those who PMd me and I can't be arsed to do it again, so I'm just going to leave it with a hearty congratulations to all those who did get involved for raising a lot of money. Well done all, including the players. :clap:

Respect :thumbsup:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What is the point of this thread?

Cant people just be happy with the amount of money raised and a job well done? US gets a lot of banter aimed at him on this board but his role in the REMF is outstanding.

Transformers is still shit mind

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
for the sake of clarity - the first handful of posts on this thread were made in another one. As that thread was to celebrate the successes of REMF, it seemed wrong to pollute that discussion with another attempt at a binfest so I moved them to their own thread. And then gave it an appropriate title.

Carry on.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Carry on.[/QUOTE]

terry1.jpg

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What is the point of this thread?

Cant people just be happy with the amount of money raised and a job well done? US gets a lot of banter aimed at him on this board but his role in the REMF is outstanding.

Transformers is still shit mind
not often I agree with tottenham fans but this is true, lots of money raised , lots of fun had, why do people feel the need to complicate that ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here