Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the child support agency

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
..but that's exactly what I was saying. Twice as many people don't pay as do, and the CSA (or whoever) should be given greater powers to force the non-payers to pay.

maybe. but not without revision of existing power and objectives, as they have shown to date they abuse their powers against the spirit of their purpose.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
CSA came after me once, about 15 years ago, even though I had never met the woman. Seriously.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
..but that's exactly what I was saying. Twice as many people don't pay as do, and the CSA (or whoever) should be given greater powers to force the non-payers to pay.

Its called CMECH now

With the greatest respect - You don't really know what you are talking about.

Its true there are lots of people that don't pay but some of those are absent mothers - its not just fathers.

Secondly there are two systems running. People recently going through the CSA pay 10% 15% or 20% dependent of number of children UP TO 3.

Apparently the government years ago got the Rowntree foundation to work out the cost to have children and THEY said it didn't cost anymore to have children after you had 3!!!

ANYONE that is on the OLD CSA system pays according to their earnings and it can be any amount and is very unfair to some.

You also forget or don't know that there are a lot of people pay MORE than what they should because they don't want their kids to go without.

Some people don't even go through the CSA and have made private arrangements.

Some people are paying for kids that are not even theirs and the CSA won't give them their money back if they ever find out.

Going through the CSA can sometimes mean the family get less than what is paid because they deduct some benefits paid to the parent with care from the sum that is paid by the parent without.

If you had your kids for exactly half the time as your ex why should you have to pay anything?

There are loads of mothers who don't go to the CSA because they don't want to have the father involved anymore - they still expect the CSA to pay them though.

CMECH is a mess, it wastes load of money having useless staff chasing parents that can't afford to pay, and screwing ones that can and want to pay. Ironically the parents that it should get money from are not even on the radar. The problem is getting worse too.

Oh and the rates may be going up soon to 12% 16% and 19%

Anyone on here with a CMec problem may care to look at

CMEC Timeline

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
"Absent" fathers?

My dads never been absent. Luckily my mum and him remain in contact as friends, she won't touch the CSA...

I'd prolly move out if she did, to save my dad having to pay ludicrous amounts with a draconian organization harrying every extra penny and then some out of him.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Slightly off topic...

It clearly shows a lack of understanding of life ! I suggest you go through a breakup before making such an inmature statement.

Not being funny but its this attitude about young people that make young people turn deviant.

"He's only 18. He has not life experience therefore hasn't got a worth while opinion and is immature"

Its grating being branded uncaring about my future when people hold this "he's immature and has no life experience so you have no understanding of life" which gives the impression of older people than our selves NOT caring. How are we meant to care about our selves if those who are meant to mentor and guide and inform us don't care?

Nothing personal, i could have quoted two others. Just a view point...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Yes, they were unfair comments to the youngsters and fair play to them for taking an interest in a subject you may not expect them to have views on.

I'd not want to dismiss anyone's views out of hand but there are loads of ideals and views we all hold when we are younger which change (and not always in a good way) as we get older.

I doubt any on here ever considered divorce and 'abandoned' kids when they were getting married. Sadly life doesn't always have a happy ending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here