Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Brighton Soccer AM fans have just left Brighton

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've just bumped into 'em in the bar at Brighton Station. Got a great photo of them all which I will post on Monday.

Apparently they've got a trick up their sleeves for Jordan so definitely a must watch.

But.........the club have reneged on providing kit for the fans and they've all had to fork out for it. If true, then that's a disgrace.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Buzzer said:
But.........the club have reneged on providing kit for the fans and they've all had to fork out for it. If true, then that's a disgrace.

Why most things they do piss of fans these days

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh no , not the we love SJLM tee shirts.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Buzzer said:
I've just bumped into 'em in the bar at Brighton Station. Got a great photo of them all which I will post on Monday.

Apparently they've got a trick up their sleeves for Jordan so definitely a must watch.
They're going to beat him up on live television? :eek:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Buzzer said:
If that is true then that is disgusting, yet another in a long line of Silent Tight & Perry The Pratt cock ups.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Buzzer said:

I thought that when dad went on he wore his own stuff?

I dont think that its such a scandal! I doubt that many clubs at all buy kit for them!

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
If they dont have their own shirts they cant be true fans. Charlatans masquarading just to get up close to Helen probably.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They're all wearing white and apparently it's tradition. Every other club has provided kit.

It's a small price to pay for a bit of publicity for the club - and these are LOYAL fans.

Plus wholesale cost to the club of 8 kits - £100 at most surely. Not even Brighton can be that skint that they can't fork out for 8 of their own fans to look the business in new matching kit.

Disgrace, I say.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Buzzer said:
They're all wearing white and apparently it's tradition. Every other club has provided kit.

It's a small price to pay for a bit of publicity for the club - and these are LOYAL fans.

Plus wholesale cost to the club of 8 kits - £100 at most surely. Not even Brighton can be that skint that they can't fork out for 8 of their own fans to look the business in new matching kit.

Disgrace, I say.
Plus if you say you are going to do it then it's a bit wrong to at the last minute say you wont...

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Buzzer said:

Disgrace, I say.

Well Brighton didnt last time round.

Whats the point of wasting money on people who just want to be on the telly?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Whats the point of wasting money on people who just want to be on the telly?

Ummm....tell that to Ok, Hello, Chat, TV Quick etc etc et-f***ing-cetera

We do it all the time. It's the new post-modernist equivalent of religion.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Buzzer said:
Ummm....tell that to Ok, Hello, Chat, TV Quick etc etc et-f***ing-cetera

We do it all the time. It's the new post-modernist equivalent of religion.

What's post-modernist about a "tradition" of clubs buying kits for 8 people who want to be on tv?

We dont have as much money as OK magazine!

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
What's post-modernist about a "tradition" of clubs buying kits for 8 people who want to be on tv?

We dont have as much money as OK magazine!

No - I was going off at a tangent. You said "what's the point of wasting money on people who just want to be on television" and I was pointing out that, generally, we are now obsessed with either trying to be on television or people who are on television.

Apparently, according to one of the geezers, the club agreed to it but now have reneged on it. If so, then that's a bit shitty.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If the club had previously said they would supply kit then that's a bit wank.

Otherwise, I agree with them. These guys are representing the Brighton fans, not the club itself. I hope they have a great time, but I don't really see why they should expect free kit.

Apart from anything else, a big group of lads in matching brand new kit, wouldn't even look like proper fans. If they were a normal looking gang of fans, you would expect a random assortment of home shirts from the last 5-6 seasons, plus the odd Peter Ward stylee bukta job.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Trigger said:
Plus if you say you are going to do it then it's a bit wrong to at the last minute say you wont...

If the agreed to then pulled out thats out of order but if they have refused to all along I dont really see the problem although it would have been a nice gesture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here