Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Brain of Northstand Chat.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
:lol:Just seeing how this goes.We all have grey matter between the ears,some use it,others think they can use. I have set up a quiz for NSC users which is just for a bit of fun,no prizes,just recognition of being the "Brain of Northstand Chat" The sections are... 1.General Knowledge. 2. History. 3.Geography. 4.Films. 5.Space and Science. 6. Music.7. Albion.
In these days of reference books and the net there is no point in making them easy.
To avoid cluttering up the board and from others seeing your answers,please send your answers to gammonpork@aol.com. there will be bonus points.5 for the first received,4 for second,3 for third,2 for fourth.
If two people get the same score there will be half a point for the first of the two in.
The final decision will rest with the compiler,ajudicator,judge,AKA me,although will discuss any dispute afterwards.
Good luck to those entering,hope for a good response,thanks.

GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.
1. What is a Coleopter?
A type of drill.
A fish.
A Flying machine.
A Monkey.
A Beetle.
A Bird. Worth 2 points.

2.Who is credited for inventing the World Wide Web? 2 points.

3. The Duke of Yorks is the oldest running cinema in Britain,when did it start showing films? 2 points

4.If a relative was filling in their last Will and Testament and requested to be buried in the largest cemetery in the UK,where would they end up? 2 points.

BRITISH HISTORY.
1. What was the name of Britains last battleship? 2 points.

2.If you came across a book written in 1937 and on reading it,it said"King George the VI served in the Royal Navy during World War 1.On leaving he took up the usual royal duties of public engagements."
What is wrong with this statement? 2 points.

3.Where did the "Forgotten Army" serve and who were they? 2 points

4.Which king was ruling when the plague hit London and what year? 2 points

GEOGRAPHY.
1. How many Provinces in Canada? 1 point.

2.What is the capital of Suriname? 1 point.

3.What is the largest city in Malta? 2 points

4.According to the National Geographic Society which city is the most southern in the world? 2.points

FILMS.
1.Who wrote the story "African Queen" and who was the British actor who had a major role in the film? 2 points

2.Elvis starred in Jailhouse Rock,what was his characters name?

3.5 days before Albion beat Sheff Weds in the FA cup. Academy Awards were won by one film. What was the film?Who was the director?and who was the actor? who all won. 3 points.

4.At the Cannes film festival in 1965 the film "The Knack" starring Ray Brooks and Rita Tushingham won best film,but what was the full title of the film?
2 points

SPACE AND SCIENCE.
1. What year did the first man go in space and what was the name of his vechicle? 2 points

2.Who was the first American in space and what was his vehicle called 2 points

3.Who was the first NON Russian/American in space? 2 points

4. What is the name for the hardest metal known to man? 2 points

MUSIC
1.Which of these is the longest running musical in the West End?
Phantom of the Opera.
Cats.
Les Misera'ble.
Starlight Express.
Blood Brothers. 3 points

2.Where in America is the offical Rock and Roll museum? 2 points

3.Who was the Singing Cowboy and what was his real name? 3 points.

ALBION
Hardest section as there are not many records for these.
1. During the Gillingham years Albion had an Tuesday evening game. Before the game started one of the floodlights failed,both teams and the Ref agreed the game should go ahead with one quarter in the dark.Who were the opposition and the score? 4 points.

2.After Albion left the Goldstone they entered into a four team tournament The Tennett Caledonian Cup,2 Scottish sides and 2 English teams.Who were the other 3 sides involved? 4 points

3.First floodlit match at Goldstone,What year,who were the opposition and what city did they come from? 3 points

Last Question of quiz.
Two Brighton members had a split testimonial in 67/68 season against an International X1 which included some of the world cup winners George Cohen
Bobby Moore
Martin Peters
Geoff Hurst

Although all down to play one of these four could'nt make it.
Who were the two who the testimonial was for and who was the missing World cup star? 4 points
Well that's it,hope to a good resonse. Good Luck.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Music, 3 , Gene Autry

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
British History 2. In 1937 world war one was still known as The World War or The Great War. It wasn't generally known as world war I until 1940. He also didn't start his royal duties until a short while after leaving the navy.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Before I scroll down any further I guarantee there's more responders ready to pick up on any errors you've possibly made than answer questions.

Lo and behold there is !

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Before I scroll down any further I guarantee there's more responders ready to pick up on any errors you've possibly made than answer questions.

Lo and behold there is !
Yes fully expected that and you're right...cannot get away from the Language Police....even if they cannot answer the questions!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Cant b arsed 2 google all of them so i win coz i know anyway
Nah you don't,I know all the answers as well.People have answered on here by picking and choosing only the answers they think they know.Some are wrong and some are only answering one part of a two part question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here