Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bloom Stand

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Probably a very well deserved "fixtures", but my kids won't let me spend ages on NSC today & so haven't time to do a search!!

Considering the monumental philanthropic efforts of Tony Bloom with all things to do with the Club (especially looking forward to see the emergence of the Training Ground) & keeping us alive (which is exactly what it was when we couldn't get the funds for the stadium), Mr B fully deserves a stand named after him on his own merits.

Couple that with his family association with the Club and his Uncle (?) actually passing away from a heart attack on the team coach, this should be a no brainer to me.

I raise the point though, as TB may have too much humility to push this suggestion himself for fear of looking egotistical.

So, to get the ball rolling, I propose that the West Stand should be named the "Bloom Stand".

Flaming or Seconding.....it's up to the good folk of NSC.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Would put my signature to any petition to call the West the Bloom, definitely.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
The way some WSU future inhabitants are lording it on here maybe the 'Dick' stand would be more appropriate:lol: .....save the TB stand for the east ....

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think you'll find it was his granddad that threw a six on the team coach (someone told me on Saturday that is was on the way to Stoke as well). But of course he should.

Motion seconded!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Are we all about owners and not players though, as you could make a great case for Bloom, Knight, and Bamber to all have stands named after them.

Maybe bars will also get named after people.

Tony Bloom, and his family have (financially) supported this club for 3 generations now, and this is the stadium that Tony built. I absolutely agree there should be a "Bloom Stand". If his humility stands in the way, then all the more reason not to include his Christian name in it. This is about him and his family. Without whom, Falmer would not have been reached, as we were trying to fund this just when all teh banks were pulling the shutters down.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought it had been mentioned that that all the stands are going to be sponsored other than the north stand, which will be named just that.

Bloom seems quite a modest chap. He doesn't seem to be the type to name anything after himself, unlike the detestable Kassam and Majedski.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bloom seems quite a modest chap. He doesn't seem to be the type to name anything after himself, unlike the detestable Kassam and Majedski.

You'll be pleased to know that despite Madejski draping his name all over Readings stadium, most people STILL can't spell it correctly :thumbsup:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I thought it had been mentioned that that all the stands are going to be sponsored other than the north stand, which will be named just that.

I was going to say that. The assumption here is that TB actually WANTS a stand named after him. Maybe he finds the thought actually a bit embarrassing? I'm sure if he really wanted one named after him then it would have been announced by now.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh God no. I'm uncomfortable saying he 'deserves' it in the first place, sure its great that he's decided to lavish his massive fortune on our favourite football team; but I cringe for a world when you 'deserve' an honour on the basis of being exceedingly rich.

But more than that, the sheer ego of a rich chairman naming a stand after himself would make me fear for our future as his plaything.

We not have been able to afford our new stadium without Tony Bloom, but there is a lot lot more to our club than just Tony Bloom.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

This.
I'm sure TB would rather rake in a healthy sum from someone sponsoring the stand than indulge himself in a ego trip.
Of course there is nothing to stop a sponsor adding his name to the stand as well i.e the Betfair Tony Bloom Stand.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can't they call the south stand the Dick End... will be full of them anyway :wink:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Nice idea but I feel Tony Bloom wasn't the only hero in getting us to Falmer. How important was it when Gritt took over? or Liam Brady buying the the Goldstone for an extra year? The Fans United? or Dick Knight keeping the club in safe hands? or Zamora helpng us to 2 Champioship Trophies? or Slade saving us from doomed relegation back to the bottom tier? and now even Poyet getting us to the Champioship in time for Falmer! Tony Bloom of course is the fairy tale of all endings for this club and its incredible the amount of generousity and support he has already shown ie a £90 million interest free loan to cover pretty much everything, a willingness to hold onto wanted talent and his choice of management. His desire and ambition is exactly what we now need moving into to Falmer but to give him the name of a stand when it was those who fought for this club from the days of ripping posts down and chasing board members from their seats to new ones getting the We want Falmer campaign on the go and keeping this homeless club afloat, all played their part. I think it would make all our struggles for the last how many years look like it were only fought by one man alone.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
TB is too classy for it in my opinion

Having said that he can call every stand and every seat buy his own name if he wants as far as im concerned, hes paid for it.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
TB is too classy for it in my opinion

Having said that he can call every stand and every seat buy his own name if he wants as far as im concerned, hes paid for it.

Woudn't that just cause alot of confusion when it came to finding your seat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here