Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Birmingham match is *ON* thread

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
The Albion team coach left Falmer a short while ago on the snowy trip to Birmingham

With a picture from David Lopez.

BA5Pk2KCEAAGhZP.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
apparently the Police and ref Phil Dowd are looking at the game possibilities at 9.00 tomorrow. What a surprise that Seagull Travel are running their coaches early at 8.00 am so that even an early pitch inspection / cancellation nets them all the coach fees and no refunds. Have been stung by this mob before - should have shared car travel and then we could have decided at 9.00 am or so . Albion should deal with a coach company that has travel insurance as part of its coach price bearing in mind the amount for travel that this mob charges.

Liz Costa's coach has travel insurance.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
...and bingo and free doughnuts...

I've always liked Liz, and her coaches have always been convenient. I've booked on the trains tomorrow and I wish I hadn't. I don't think Birmingham City will be too obliging for away fans who can't use their tickets because they couldn't get there either. Not looking good. Potentially £60 down the drain.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Birmingham snow update......,

Should be pointed out with the trains, Southern haven't really been delayed today (odd delay at Eastbourne but nothing major) - seems the trains here are behaving themselves for now.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I am in the East Mids and it is snowing hard. This is currently on the BCFC website

"Club officials are working hard to ensure that tomorrow's fixture at home to Brighton & Hove Albion goes ahead despite the recent snowfall.
The weather forecast for tomorrow is more favourable and conditions in and around St. Andrew's Stadium will be assessed in the morning.

Match official Phil Dowd and the local authority's safety inspector will be on site early tomorrow morning to make a final decision, especially given that the Seagulls' supporter coaches are due to depart Brighton at 9am.

We will be sure to issue a further update via bcfc.com tomorrow morning. "

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm in Kenilworth (Coventry as far as you lot are concerned) which is 20 mins by train from Birmingham.

It's been snowing constantly since 09:00, most schools are shut (Its just taken me 2 hrs to do a 10 minutes journey to go and get my lad from school) and its still coming down. I'll try and load the picture from my front door if I can knock the file size down. In a nuthshell, there is no current chance the game will go ahead.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I've always liked Liz, and her coaches have always been convenient. I've booked on the trains tomorrow and I wish I hadn't. I don't think Birmingham City will be too obliging for away fans who can't use their tickets because they couldn't get there either. Not looking good. Potentially £60 down the drain.

I called BCFC and they said match ticket refunds are down to Albiion (if game is on but you can't get there). Rang Albion and they said it is down to BCFC!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Seagull travel have just announced all coaches will be held back in Brighton waiting for the 9am pitch inspection
If game cancelled your booking will carry forward to the rearranged game with just £2 booking fee or a refund with just a lost of £2
Common sense prevails they must have been reading this thread

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Snow.gif

That is supposed to be a road in the middle. It did amuse me to watch a BMW go staight on instead of round the corner.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Also we have the additional train problem whereby trains run from Euston but not from Brighton, I wonder how we stand on refunds there ! (There was to be a bus service to Three Bridges). I think Brightonian train travelers have had it either way.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
I made it up this morning ok and am now safely in Tamworth and the snow is coming down but to be honest it's definitely light and not heavy snow. There's a few cm's on the ground but if it stays like this for the rest of the day I don't think it will cause too many issues. Don't know what it's like in the middle of Birmingham though.

What have we signed another one

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Also we have the additional train problem whereby trains run from Euston but not from Brighton, I wonder how we stand on refunds there ! (There was to be a bus service to Three Bridges). I think Brightonian train travelers have had it either way.

Bascially, if the train which you are booked on leaves Euston then my understanding is that you will not get a refund. Do we presume that the engineering works scheduled for tomorrow between Brighton and Three Bridges will go ahead regardless of the weather? We were planning on leaving on the 07:58 via Littlehampton & Horsham, but who knows what sort of timetable will be running?!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Birmingham snow update......,

I just walked from Edgbaston to the centre of Brum. Few centimetres of crunchy snow underfoot was fine, but the roads are absolute carnage. Ring road is solid in both directions, cars sliding and wheel spinning.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Bascially, if the train which you are booked on leaves Euston then my understanding is that you will not get a refund. Do we presume that the engineering works scheduled for tomorrow between Brighton and Three Bridges will go ahead regardless of the weather? We were planning on leaving on the 07:58 via Littlehampton & Horsham, but who knows what sort of timetable will be running?!

I'm planning on getting a train from Brighton that runs via the Arun Valley Line too. I can't see how the replacement bus service can run between here and Three Bridges

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here