Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Birmingham match is *ON* thread

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Oh my frig.

Driven this morning from Dudley to Wolves and it was snowing, but the main roads were gritted and clear. I am now looking at the office window and it is like a blizzard. According to the interweb my office is 15.9 miles away from St Andrews, for the record.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Even if the game is on travelling will be impossible at present

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
My other half has just been sent home due to the snow (she works in West Brom).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BCFC have said it will probably be down to the Police to make the decision on the local area, pitch should be playable but if roads aren't gritted then there is no chance.

Most of the surrounding roads aren't exactly small either I seem to remember.

Why would the roads not be gritted?

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
Club officials are working hard to ensure that tomorrow's fixture at home to Brighton & Hove Albion goes ahead despite the recent snowfall.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is more favourable and conditions in and around St. Andrew's Stadium will be assessed in the morning.
Match official Phil Dowd and the local authority's safety inspector will be on site early tomorrow morning to make a final decision, especially given that the Seagulls' supporter coaches are due to depart Brighton at 9am.
We will be sure to issue a further update via bcfc.com tomorrow morning.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Club officials are working hard to ensure that tomorrow's fixture at home to Brighton & Hove Albion goes ahead despite the recent snowfall.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is more favourable and conditions in and around St. Andrew's Stadium will be assessed in the morning.
Match official Phil Dowd and the local authority's safety inspector will be on site early tomorrow morning to make a final decision, especially given that the Seagulls' supporter coaches are due to depart Brighton at 9am.

So there should be an announcement by 9am Saturday then? My train leaves so'ton at 09.47 so need to know if the game is on before I get on!

Can't they just give us the points based on league position and average home gates?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
9am inspection is far too late, given Southerns railworks, 2 hour journey via Littlehampton to Victoria, which no doubt will take longer due to the wrong type of snow, and currently driving is not a viable option.

No doubt at 9am we will get a delay as the sun is due out shortly, and hopefully of thaw, etc etc

barbelhead

Apr 3, 2011
Mid Sussex
apparently the Police and ref Phil Dowd are looking at the game possibilities at 9.00 tomorrow. What a surprise that Seagull Travel are running their coaches early at 8.00 am so that even an early pitch inspection / cancellation nets them all the coach fees and no refunds. Have been stung by this mob before - should have shared car travel and then we could have decided at 9.00 am or so . Albion should deal with a coach company that has travel insurance as part of its coach price bearing in mind the amount for travel that this mob charges.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
I made it up this morning ok and am now safely in Tamworth and the snow is coming down but to be honest it's definitely light and not heavy snow. There's a few cm's on the ground but if it stays like this for the rest of the day I don't think it will cause too many issues. Don't know what it's like in the middle of Birmingham though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If it's a police decision then I guess they will make it for the whole area. Aren't WBA playing Villa and therefore I suspect that decision will decided ours as well.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
apparently the Police and ref Phil Dowd are looking at the game possibilities at 9.00 tomorrow. What a surprise that Seagull Travel are running their coaches early at 8.00 am so that even an early pitch inspection / cancellation nets them all the coach fees and no refunds. Have been stung by this mob before - should have shared car travel and then we could have decided at 9.00 am or so . Albion should deal with a coach company that has travel insurance as part of its coach price bearing in mind the amount for travel that this mob charges.
This ,
Seems a bit unfair if you step on the coach and even if you traveled just 5 mins along the old shoreham road then find out it's called off just 5 minutes into your journey seems very unfair not to get at least half of your booking fee back , fair enough if you've travelled for over an hour but not 5 minutes

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This ,
Seems a bit unfair if you step on the coach and even if you traveled just 5 mins along the old shoreham road then find out it's called off just 5 minutes into your journey seems very unfair not to get at least half of your booking fee back , fair enough if you've travelled for over an hour but not 5 minutes

you could say the same about the ref and the OB ...why not meet half way and have the PI at 8.30 coaches to leave at 9........it really aint that hard ..is it.??? wonder who owns the coach company.?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Albion team coach left Falmer a short while ago on the snowy trip to Birmingham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here