Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The biggest wimp ever to play for the Albion

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Showing my long term allegiance here. But without doubt it has to be 1978, Eric Potts.

Don't ask, just accept that I've seen everyone who has played since, and no-one comes even close.

Eric Potts, lightweight, limp, hopeless.....

BUT one glorious day, home to Sunderland, with the north east corner at the goldstone crammed full of machams, and losing 2-1 to them with 10 minutes to go, we brought on little giner eric, who never scored even in a brothel, and in that fateful game he scored with 2 minutes to go to bring us level. And he scored again deep in added time to give us the win. Long trip home for them. Hysterical laughter and disbelief for us. And EP became a cult hero that day.

Sorry if thats a bit ancient for most of you, but it happened, and I swear to god a myopic butterfly could have knocked eric over by accident back in them days.

come on you mighty seagulls, time to step up a gear....

wedgee

I remember that game, Absolutely brilliant but i thought we were 1-0 down and won 2-1.
Im suprised nobody has mentioned 'Handbag' Gordon Smith

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I remember that game, Absolutely brilliant but i thought we were 1-0 down and won 2-1.
Im suprised nobody has mentioned 'Handbag' Gordon Smith

The score was 0-1 to Sunderland when super sub Eric came on, we were standing on the East Terrace with a large bunch of Macams. I remember they called their rather stocky goalkeeper "The flying pig" and were a good laugh until Eric scored the winning goal, a couple of them sat down and started crying!

:laugh:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Kit Napier could be a pansy on his day. Always forgiven though because he could score goals.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Showing my long term allegiance here. But without doubt it has to be 1978, Eric Potts.

Don't ask, just accept that I've seen everyone who has played since, and no-one comes even close.

Eric Potts, lightweight, limp, hopeless.....

BUT one glorious day, home to Sunderland, with the north east corner at the goldstone crammed full of machams, and losing 2-1 to them with 10 minutes to go, we brought on little giner eric, who never scored even in a brothel, and in that fateful game he scored with 2 minutes to go to bring us level. And he scored again deep in added time to give us the win. Long trip home for them. Hysterical laughter and disbelief for us. And EP became a cult hero that day.

Sorry if thats a bit ancient for most of you, but it happened, and I swear to god a myopic butterfly could have knocked eric over by accident back in them days.

come on you mighty seagulls, time to step up a gear....

wedgee

Saw the game,remember it well,but can't recall that Eric Potts was quite that wimpy!!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here