Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The biggest global hoax ever?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Some of you may be aware of some online videos that have been circulating since August 2011 with regard to strange noises (resembling trumpets) being recorded from places all over the world, recently some of the videos have gone viral and there has been a spate of new videos within the last month with the same strange noise.

It's the Big Man's saxophone echoing down from heaven.

Hold a beer mug (or any other enclosed container) over the microphone attached to your movie recorder and move it about a bit ... and enjoy a variety of near-feedback sounds. Then edit and post on youtube.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If it's happening all over the world, and we are quite an international forum, how many here have heard them?

Sent from my phone cause I can

I thought i did last night....i woke up to a similar noise and realised it was me farting....damn kebab.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Sounds a lot like a train going up one of the mainlines between london and scotland as the trains go past at 125mph

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
i think the case is the one of the loggers could be real and then maybe another people like a conspiracy theory then superimpose the sound on another video when and where was the first one as I think that I could work this out or maybe I've been watching too much sherlock but I think theres a simple explantion

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hold a beer mug (or any other enclosed container) over the microphone attached to your movie recorder and move it about a bit ... and enjoy a variety of near-feedback sounds. Then edit and post on youtube.

Show us how it's done my Lord!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
i think the case is the one of the loggers could be real and then maybe another people like a conspiracy theory then superimpose the sound on another video when and where was the first one as I think that I could work this out or maybe I've been watching too much sherlock but I think theres a simple explantion

Check out the one at the US baseball game last year, the commentators on TV are pretty freaked...less likely to be faked!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
the baseball game is likely to be in a city near a train line is a explanation and it says just before an earthquake and tectonic plates can make odd noises action I'm doing tectonic plates in geography in school

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
the baseball game is likely to be in a city near a train line is a explanation and it says just before an earthquake and tectonic plates can make odd noises action I'm doing tectonic plates in geography in school

The tectonic plate theory is one i've heard too..perhaps we are on the verge of a pole shift and mother earth is groaning! Don't forget, us humans have been on this planet of ours for a tiny fraction of its existence, so we really don't know what she's capable of, then again, i am a bit stoned, so most likely i'm talking shit!

Now, where did i put those double choc chip muffins...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sounds like Aphex Twin might've gone back to his ambient roots...

this. they all sound like pieces of Aphex, Black dog, FSOL or other early ambient house producers, that have been mucked about with a little. in one clip its blatently slowed down track from Lifeforms. i really hope no is taking this seriously, its just a cute internet viral hoax that everyone can join in with.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
this. they all sound like pieces of Aphex, Black dog, FSOL or other early ambient house producers, that have been mucked about with a little. in one clip its blatently slowed down track from Lifeforms. i really hope no is taking this seriously, its just a cute internet viral hoax that everyone can join in with.

I dont think many on here are taking it too seriously! It's a bit of a giggle imo. I'm sure some tech nerds will get to the bottom of it now it's viral. Could be some clever ad campaign for an up coming movie, but most likely a top notch 2012 hoax to wind up the 'endotheworlders'. Doing a good job by all accounts.....

'Horns of the apocalypse'...my fecking arse

Mind you...we'd all look a bit stupid if it starts raining fire and brimstone wouldn't we!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
With a loud bang edited out the video it can be easily done.

Sent from my phone cause I can

That almost sounds like a conspiracy theory...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here