Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The biggest global hoax ever?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Some of you may be aware of some online videos that have been circulating since August 2011 with regard to strange noises (resembling trumpets) being recorded from places all over the world, recently some of the videos have gone viral and there has been a spate of new videos within the last month with the same strange noise.

For those unaware here is a quick overview done by ITN on youtube

or same video here at ITN for those who don’t like the thought of relying on anything from youtube

Strange Noises: Are they UFOs, thunder, HAARP or a hoax? - Home - ITN.co.uk

Religious groups are claiming it is evidence of Gods apocalyptic trumpets as foretold in the Bible and of the beginning of the rapture.

The Ufo community are saying aliens are finally trying to contact us.

Global government conspiracy theorists are saying the noises are secret government military tests linked to everything from mind control to chemtrails.

The 2012 doomsday lot say it is evidence the earth is starting its final decent into destruction.

Basically there seem to be an infinite number of groups now all claiming the sounds are final proof for their beliefs.

So who exactly is right?……or is it just one massive global hoax?

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I think it's pretty stupid of them to use stock movie sound effects from films like Terminator Salvation and War of the Worlds.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Difficult to hoax i think! Especially the vid of the loggers in canada, they are totally freaked out by it! One of the vid collections has got 1.3 million hits in 4 days! I would post it but i can't be arsed as its late. Maybe someone else can do it? And they all seem to be in the second week of January.

It is weird though, but i reckon it's some kind of natural phenomenen...possibly to do with the large solar flairs that have hit earth recently?

But then again, i may be talking bollocks!

Interesting shit though.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hehe...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Discus on the moon was the biggest ever hoax.

(and started on NSC)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can't believe how many people think the world is round. The 'apparent' curvature can easily be explained by mathematics, and all the pictures supposedly taken from 'space' are faked as we now know the US had no space programme.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Vuvazelas?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm sure the Daily Mail will come up ith a explanation soon - something along the lines of the Martians who built the pyramids & have been hiding in Atlantis have decided to go back home but not before they wipe out the human race.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'm sure the Daily Mail will come up ith a explanation soon - something along the lines of the Martians who built the pyramids & have been hiding in Atlantis have decided to go back home but not before they wipe out the human race.

I'm sure they'll give us the important information, i.e. whether it's going to cause/cure cancer and what various z-list no-marks are saying about it on Twitter.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sounds like Aphex Twin might've gone back to his ambient roots...

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Could maybe be linked to HAARP? Maybe whatever they were doing last year caused all the bird deaths, so they're doing it a different way now and it's causing these weird noises.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Well whether its real or a global hoax it certainly is interesting as no one can really say the sounds are fake etc and all these videos are popping up so now everyone is second guessing themselves on the matter.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
oh pardon me, I thought this was a thread about the weird sounds you occasionally get in movies. It's like a two tone sound, one high pitch, one low pitch, one after the other..uhm, I think it's in Twister and Armageddon.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If it's happening all over the world, and we are quite an international forum, how many here have heard them?

Not even heard OF them until this thread!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here