Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BIG message is spreading...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
im emailing socceram now and will suggest that they ring a fan on saturday to speak to them about it...anyone interested and aware of all the facts?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to you in regards for Brighton's proposed new stadium at falmer.
Today, Brighton fans received news that the local plan inspector (for the government) recommended against the building of the stadium: it appears that he was not aware of the full facts of the situation.
As an undeniably popular and entertaining football program i was hoping that you could help Brighton & Hove Albion by mentioning our plight on Saturday 7th February, live on air.
Currently fans are organising different events such as: marches, sit ins, leafleting etc and a spokesman for Brighton fans would be delighted and honoured if he/she could be interviewed on saturday. If this is not possible i completely understand, even just a brief mention of the situation could help Brighton fans generate the support and national awareness that we need for the momentum of the campaign.
If you would like to speak to me concerning this matter my mobile number is **********
Thank you for taking time to read this email
Regards
Sam Horton, Brighton

Last edited:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Wilko said:
Need to try and get something on MAN U chatsite - Even if u hate em you cannot ignore that they are probably the busiest site with most supporters. They are the most powerful team in UK - I will get on to it.................

my contacts at the Official Man Utd magazine have said that they'd include something in the 'news in brief' section of the next issue urging Utd fans to help. Every little helps - no matter where the help may come from.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Check out www.royals.org
Division One/General football
Brighton and Hove Albion need your help urgently - STADIUM

Some great comments from Royal's fans and a QPR fan

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Fans United 2nd (it is nearly February 8th again)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
for whats its worth I just posted a huge thread in a couple of local Punk messageboards and got one reply already:

"well said, we should be supporting our local club. lets get those letters going!"

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
Just had an email back from Charlton Athletic Supporters Club, they've written to Prescott! :)

Lush

Mods' Pet
CrabtreeBHA said:
for whats its worth I just posted a huge thread in a couple of local Punk messageboards and got one reply already:

"well said, we should be supporting our local club. lets get those letters going!"

I think this is the way to go now. Get out there to websites where they aren't tired and jaded about football clubs in crisis, particularly where you're known.

I'm sure some of you must subscribe to other message boards.....!?!?!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've posted something on the Sussex CCC site. Wake up a few members in their deckchairs.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
some excellent support from the whu site noted above, alongside some less than friendly banter, and i also posted to a QPR site last night (which one i can't tell cos it was from my home pc) and had a good response there too...

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I know this has been posted on Oldham's message board. Yorkie and I posted on TFF.

Dandyman

In London village.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
bury are on our side :clap2:

they still think zamora dived to get swailes sent off but there on our side.

Granny Goodchild

Sep 24, 2003
Lots of support from the York site:

.............................................................................................

Frank

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:42 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to harp on, but this fecking Inspector has seriously irritated me:

angry provincial scum, in letter to Prescott, wrote:

...I was also shocked to learn that the Inspector rather patronisingly dismissed Brighton and Hove Albion as a “provincial club”. In my view, this represents a rather crude value judgement. Furthermore it is a value judgement which would damn your own home city’s football club as well as my own, York City. I dread to think what the Inspector in question would make of our cities’ three professional Rugby League clubs.

It is surely undeniable that every football club in the country is close to the heart of its own particular community. As part of a greater “whole”, every football stadium in Britain is of national significance. We at York City have certainly felt this to be the case in recent months, when supporters of practically every club in the country have offered us support and solidarity in our (successful) fight to save our own ground.

I assume the Inspector won't be applying for a job with one of the new regional parliaments...

Rant over.

For now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here