Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The big flag. (REM - Flag)

Danny 4

Apr 10, 2008
What has happened to the REM Flag that used to make its way around the Withdean and also came with us to the Cardiff play-off final in 2004? :albion2:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
after being left out in the elements for a year it was no use to man or beast , the last i heard Guy Butters had made a smart/casual shirt made out of it ,plunging neckline obviously

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a fecking stupid question

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Its around probably near the great beyond.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The REM flag was the real deal, offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline.

On a separate note, I recently enquired about the price of a 19.5m x 9.75m (64 x 32 feet) flag and was quoted an eye watering £2,750 + VAT. This compares to the original REM flag which cost £2,000.

We have been quoted £2,000 + VAT for 16.5m x 8m (54 x 27 feet).

Any thoughts? I am happy to shop around for other quotes, but if the consensus is 'Meh' about whether we could raise the funds that I won't bother.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm sure that the club would be able to find some where to store the flag at the ground, the problem would be (as it is always) moving the flag from storage before the game and back again at the end.

That being said, each stand could take it in turns - East one game, North the next and WSU the third - even better once the four corners are in, it could go around the whole ground (well SE round to SW).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here