• 91-100 Telegram CENTRAL

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Youth or experience?

What age group do you consider the BEST to be in?

Do you feel past your prime, heading downhill all the way until DEATH, a mere shadow of the youthful, energetic you of yesteryear, or are you glad to be past the naivety and cluelessness of your teenage years, lapping up the rewards and gains that only years of experience can bring?

Getting OLD brings such ponderings to the forefront of my busy mind, and I believe there's no better way to canvas wider opinion than by quizzing a random smattering of internet-unsing Brighton fans.

Your thoughts please. :bowdown:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
0-10 Waste of space. No idea who I was or where I was. I couldn't even have a wank. My memory of that decade is spending a lot of time sitting in sand pits.
11-20 Not bad, lots of energy - but no real idea what to do with it. Spend most of the decade going to gigs or wanking.
21-30 Bit of a lost decade. Lots of energy but wasted it getting pissed and shagging fat birds.
31-40 Brilliant. Earning lots of money, travelling.
41-50 Brilliant so far. Still just about got the energy to do all the things I should have done when I was younger, but now I have the wisdom and the money to do them properly...
Can't vouch for the rest yet...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In my experience, the age you ideally want to be always seems to be a few years younger than you actually are.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I can imagine it'll get better someday soon, but not much enjoying where I'm at now, and what I had before was much more enjoyable so I'll vote for 21-31 :clap: :drink:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
31-40 Kids and settling down is a bit stereotypical. I did that at 21-31. Then I got a divorce....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My 30s were pretty good but I wasn't too pissed off in my 40s either.

Hated my teens and 20s - thoroughly miserable decades, temporarily enlivened by things like punk rock and a good Albion team.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
31-40 Kids and settling down is a bit stereotypical. I did that at 21-31. Then I got a divorce....

All the sidenotes are just the stereotypical ideas of each age, although I know some are kind of hard to fit into an age bracket.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

True DAT, I'm at the later end of the era and have done neither as yet :)

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
magoo said:
:ohmy: excuse me do i know you?? f***ing HEN FEATURES!

Hang on minute, don't come on my thread and pull out the big guns. I'm nothing a like a hen. Say that to me at Withdean! You wouldn't dare!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
For me, it was 20-31.
I remember not really enjoying any part of life thus far, feeling nervous and imperiled on every corner, every spinning dice, every pogo-stick leap. But betwixt those post-teen years were the confidence bigheadedness, rare sexual success or compatability, and regular drinkings allowed. Change had ended, and development took the bull by the experimental horns and gave it a greater sureness under foot. I wasn't a fan of being struck unconscious as those years ended, but the beforetimes had me full of energy and event, football and invention, twists of apprehensive smile and unmovable sorrow.
Times of fascinating making.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Any age I get to where I can afford to move away to the countryside away from the human filth that is taking over British cities. I don't wish to cure them I just want to be away from their messy lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here