Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Best 3 footballers you've seen play for the Albion

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
My Top 3:
_1740429_zamora150.jpg

nov8.jpg

paulmcshane.jpg

Although Currie would come a close 4th, i suspect.

A thread that will show your age! :)

Oct 25, 2003
too young to remember the real classics.....i can't really argue with your choices mark

zamora

sidwell

mcshane

brooker when he could be arsed, cullip, morgan, currie are all notable exceptions

oh, i forgot turienzo and pinnamonte:)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ward
Case

I can;t saw Lawrenson as he's such a cock juggling twat, BUT he was good

so my 3rd would Be Michael Robinson, I was only 11-12 and he always seemed to be scoring . . . .except when he passed to Smith :rolleyes:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
1) Lawrenson.
2) Ward.
3) Stevens.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
My old man always says Horton, Lawrenson & Ward are the best players to have played for the Albion. I was just too young to remember that era.

I'd say Zamora, Mike Small (Yes, Really) and Steve Foster

Special menton to Gary Nelson during the season we got promoted from (old money) Division 3 to what is now the Championship. He was an outstanding player that year.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
chez said:

S Gotsmanov

B]

Forgot about him - He was class. My best memory is when he celebreted against Hull before he put it in the net.

I also saw him one Wednesday afternoon when I was leaving Hove greyhounds and he was getting into his sponsored car. As 2 of us chanted at him shouting 'Sergi' 'Sergi' he shouted 'See Gulls' in pigeon English before stepping on it away from us weirdos. He looked bemused by it all.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
1 - Lawrenson (by some distance)
2 - Ward
3 - Horton or Case. No doubt someone else will post a name and I'll go "Oh yeah! And him!"

Those were good players when we were in the top two divisions. The likes of Zamora did well for us but at a lower level. (Yes I know Zamora did one season for us in Tier Two but you know what I mean).

EDIT: Just to say I'm pleased no prat has gone 'fixtures', despite this being about the 500th time this topic has come up. I'm looking forward to the day when the topic comes up, perhaps for the 5000 time and someone has replaced Lawrenson in my list.

Last edited:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Age of the poster will always be a factor in these sort of polls.

For me, I would have to agree with Ditchy.

Mark Lawrenson, despite his goonery since leaving, was far and away the best player I've seen in the stripes.

Peter Ward wasn't far behind and Jimmy Case showed what a total class act he was as a player.

In the last 5 years, I would go for Zamora, Cullip and probably Kuipers

:thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gary Stevens, Dean Saunders, Bobby Zamora.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Dickov was shit hot when we had him on loan from Arsenal. He'd have to be one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here